MAY - JUNE Meeting Poll

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Which dates can you attend? Multiple Votes Allowed

• Total voters

tkbarron

If there's any interest I can bring one of my pressure tanks and some Alumilite so we can cast a blank or two. Maybe cast some of Loyd's exotic vine or some embedded objects.

Tom

tkbarron

It looks like Jun 7th is the most popular date? Does anyone have a reason why we can't lock down that date? The sooner we put it on Wood World's calendar the better.

Tom

Kenny Durrant

Harry left it too wide open on the show us something. you don't need to show us, me specificly, how to screw up because I've got that down. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kenny Durrant

I guess you and I can have a contest to see which one is better. I'm not sure if I would win the biggest mess or the most expensive. I hope it works out where you can stop by.

tkbarron

Let's discuss "Talking Points". Who wants to share an interesting technique or idea? Who wants to demonstrate? We'll have access to a lathe and other tools.

Tom

Kenny Durrant

I have a few tips about casting but not enough to give a lecture. We can take turns talking about a particular subject or ask questions about whatever we like. I guess the contest is out for Bob and I?

plano_harry

Sounds like we will have a couple of snake charmers here from up north that could teach us a few things.

If anyone is having trouble with CA finishes, I will be happy to demonstrate that on the side, but I think most of the group probably has that down.

tkbarron

It's definitely an open forum so anything you or Seamus can share is much appreciated. I for one am interested to hear more about homemade bushings, finishing processes, segmenting and casting techniques.

Tom

its_virgil

My friend here in wichita Falls will be there also: David Broadwell. Sorry you will miss the meeting but have fun at the knife show and good luck if you are selling.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hope you have a good meeting. I won't be there. I'll be at the Blade Show in Atlanta that weekend.
Dwight

plano_harry

Yes, would like to meet David. Maybe see some of his custom work. We don't get to see you and Seamus very often, so please demo a skill that we could add. I enjoyed the closed end you did last time. That got me started.

its_virgil

David will be at the knife show in Atlanta. Sorry if you thought I meant he was coming to our meeting. What would you like to see? Something to do with slimline modifications? I was thinking of bringing my modified slimline collection to show what all can be done with that kit. Or, give me an idea. I'm sure we two snake charmers will discuss snake skin pens...at least I'm willing to share my technique.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Yes, would like to meet David. Maybe see some of his custom work. We don't get to see you and Seamus very often, so please demo a skill that we could add. I enjoyed the closed end you did last time. That got me started.

Last edited:

plano_harry

Would love to see the slim collection in person - got the book :)

Show us a tricky mod or something with skins. We have several who are interested and it would make a good discussion. I would like to try some myself (Kenny traded me some snake I haven't used yet)

Schoneweis

David Broadwell doesn't know it yet, but we will be having our own NT IAP meeting at table 20F (his table) on Fri. or Sat. I will be competing in the Blade Sports International world championship on Saturday. I'm hoping for a top ten finish. (shouldn't be too tough - I think only eight or nine of us have qualified.)

Dwight

Top Bottom