May have just gotten my summer job

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aderhammer

Uncle was just over for my birthday. He's a machinist and normally does work for mulitple people. He asked me if I wanted to work this summer for Joe Freeman. It'd be sheetmetal work, Joe is an antique toy restorer (world renouned) and he's 2 years behind on his work. I'm pshyched and hope i get the job, alot better than most other 15 year olds that work at mcdonalds or walmart.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Originally posted by Aderhammer

Uncle was just over for my birthday. He's a machinist and normally does work for mulitple people. He asked me if I wanted to work this summer for Joe Freeman. It'd be sheetmetal work, Joe is an antique toy restorer (world renouned) and he's 2 years behind on his work. I'm pshyched and hope i get the job, alot better than most other 15 year olds that work at mcdonalds or walmart.

Great news, Andrew! Nothing like a little hard labor to keep a guy off the streets. By the way ... maybe now you'll be able to pay your IAP dues! ;)

johnnycnc

Andrew,
I wish you the best of luck landing the job!
Metal work of different sorts is a skilled trade
that can become a career,or a skill to come back
to in hard times,even if you move on to other things later.
Fingers crossed for ya!:D

rlharding

Well done Andrew. You have a great opportunity to learn a whole lot of new things that you will probably use on your life journey. don't forget to send us pics of workshops and what you are doing.

Originally posted by DocStram

Great news, Andrew! Nothing like a little hard labor to keep a guy off the streets. By the way ... maybe now you'll be able to pay your IAP dues! ;)

PM me, Andrew, and I'll give you the address where you need to send your IAP dues. Cash only. The good news is that we have waived the late charge and interest. That is one of the benefits of being a junior member.

Thanks for staying on top of that, Membership Director Al. Your position is secure for another year. :D:D

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

PM me, Andrew, and I'll give you the address where you need to send your IAP dues. Cash only. The good news is that we have waived the late charge and interest. That is one of the benefits of being a junior member.

Thanks for staying on top of that, Membership Director Al. Your position is secure for another year. :D:D

Perhaps someone should change his signature line to "Licking my chops Mike" !!!! [}:)]:D;)

That sounds like a great opportunity, Andrew. Best of luck this summer.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Wow! What a wonderful life opportunity. I hope you treasure the time spent learning something new, and with spending it with a family member. You will be creating memories that will last a lifetime!

We would love to see what you are working on!

Tuba707

That is a great opportunity to learn to be useful with your hands. As Lee pointed out, many Americans have lost that ability.... Work hard and be punctual, even if you do end up "just" working somewhere else, and that will go a long way not only in your job, but in "real life" :D

Penmonkey

That's great to hear. I hope you get the job. I am 15 too and when other guys ask me if I have a summer job I can say that I helped my brother build a house, restored a jeep and did other odd jobs every day. Oh and you got a job at subway? That's great.:D

Just because you are young doesn't mean you can't have a good job and make more money than your parents. lol

Aderhammer

Well let's see local government wants this much, state wants some of this, uncle sam's gonna take a big chunk, and then there's women, nope sorry none left for IAP[:p]

Well let's see local government wants this much, state wants some of this, uncle sam's gonna take a big chunk, and then there's women, nope sorry none left for IAP[:p]

Slow down there, son!!! Who said anything about women? Here we are congratulating you about this big step into maturity, and you're already backsliding. Forget the women for now. You're all of 15. Work hard, save your money, pay your taxes and IAP dues and then, when you hit the age 28 or so, you can start entertaining other thoughts young men tend to have. Until that time comes, you'll only get yourself into trouble. DAMHIKT!!!

And don't forget to PM me for the address to send your IAP dues to. Cash only.

Top Bottom