Mattress??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I need a new mattress and figured with Black Friday sales this maybe the time. Not sure if they are allowing people to try them but looking for a good quality firm mattress. The one I have now is a Kingsdown " sleep to live" Red series. It is 10 years old and did fine but now with my back getting more and more finicky every year I need some comfortable. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

socdad

We bought a "sleep Number" several years ago. Works great for us, my wife likes a super firm mattress & I change mine around depending to help with lower back issues.

bmachin

+1 On the Sleep Number. My wife and I have had one for years. Don't know about the trial period.

Caspar and (I think) Purple both give you a 100 night no risk trial.

Bill

Humongous

My Dad has numerous back issues and just recently purchased a Sterns and Foster. He says it is the best bed he has ever had.

leehljp

Member Liaison
We have a "too firm" Sealy mattress, and I decided to try something. I researched memory foam mattress covers and finally decided on a somewhat dense 2 inch thick memory foam. I had to double check everything because most are 58" for a 60 inch wide Queen. I did not want that. I finally found one that was a full 60 inches wide. My wife and I have enjoyed that for 8 years. We both needed firm support but wanted something soft and cushiony. The dense 2" memory foam on top of a firm mattress has made our sleep excellent for years.

That is probably not for everybody.

BTW, I know that Casper Mattress does/did this, and some other online orders may allow for this: If you try it for a week or so (read their instructions) and do not not like it, call them, they may tell you to contact a Good Will Store, or Salvation Army or other store or organization that helps those in need. Donate it to them, get a receipt and the mattress company will refund you the cost of the mattress.

Last edited:
My Dad has numerous back issues and just recently purchased a Sterns and Foster. He says it is the best bed he has ever had.
Dianne and I had a Sterns and Foster in Houston before we moved to Tennessee... it was very firm which I liked, but too firm for Dianne... she wound up moving to another bedroom where we had a floppy soft mattress that she liked.... didn't move either of them to Tennessee.
We have pillow tops something now, don't know the brand, but I like it.

Top Bottom