Matching Pen and Pencil Kit Recommendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Todisht

I have a potential client who's looking for a matching pen/pencil kit but they have some fairly specific requests. I've looked around a bit with little luck so I thought I'd ask here for some recommendations. Here's what they're looking for:

1. Matching Pen / Pencil Set
2. Pen has to be rollerball (this has been the biggest problem. There's lots of matching kits, but most are ballpoint).
3. Not too heavy. They really like the magnetic Graduate from PSI but it's too heavy, so something similar but a little smaller/lighter.
4. Postable screw or magnetic cap at least for the pen.
5. Traditional mechanical pencil. Not a fat sketch/woodworkers pencil.

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Roller ball (and cap) make the combinations. Vertex allows you to hit both roller ball and pen.

Have you let the client try the Schmidt 9000 ball point? Roller ball fans have been lured to the advantages of a ball point by the 9000 refill.

Last edited:

Todisht

Roller ball (and cap) make the combinations. Vertex allows you to hit both roller ball and pen.

Have you let the client try the Schmidt 9000 ball point? Roller ball fans have been lured to the advantages of a ball point by the 9000 refill.

Haven't tried that one myself. Sounds like I'll have to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Todisht

Thanks everyone. I was leaning towards the Vertex also but I'm not sure if the rollerball pen and pencil will be a close enough match. I'm going to ask.

Does anyone have experience with the Flat Top American kits from Berea? They meet the criteria I'm looking for but the quality of the components looks kinda cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Paul in OKC

I have done tons of the flat top style pens. I stay away from the gold kits and only do chrome. Good pen from my experience, and I use one as my daily carrier. A bit heavier than some. I have not done one of the pencils. I recently finished a pen/pencil set in a chrome Sierra clicker that came out nice. Light weight, but the pen is ball point.

Top Bottom