Matching knife

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

I posted a photo of a pen I completed recently that was a gift for my sister in law who lost a pen I made for her in a fire. Well, this is for her husband, my brother in law. His knife was also destroyed in the fire. The wood on the replacement knife is Toyon. Never used this wood before and it is very hard but cuts like butter on the band saw. I've also included a photo of the original knife which was made from Manzanita that existed, at one time, on their property. I think the Manzanita knife was probably one of nicest looking knives I've ever made.
Thanks for looking.

20220222_134812.jpg 20220222_134852.jpg IMG_20180409_170011_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
As nice as it gets. What finish do you use if I may ask. That has to be a good one as knifes see a lot of wear.

Wipe On Poly is what I use, multiple coats. I've tried other stuff but this seems to give me the best finish. After over 300 knives to date I've only ever had two returned for work and both knives were abused by the owner. I still fixed them at no charge but had to tell the customer next time it would cost them. I encourage anyone who buys one of my knives to keep the scales waxed. That really helps with wear and shedding water if they get wet.
Check out my post here "the 16 day pen" and the knife finish is basically the same but less days to complete.
Hope that helps.

Top Bottom