Matching Amazing Wood with Simple Metal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NewfoundlandLaw

Hey All

I just finished This weeks Pen and I thought I'd show it off.

It is Golden Amboyna Burl paired with Atrax Fountain Pen hardware and coated with 10 coats of Cyanoacrylate.

Am I the only one who likes amazing quilted
Wood paired with simple metal components? I just love the combination of simple metal and outrageous wood. Don't get me wrong, I still love complex and intricate pen hardware, but there is something beautiful about complex wood with simple adornments.

IMG_4497.JPG
IMG_4495.JPG
IMG_4492.JPG
IMG_4493.JPG
IMG_4499.JPG
IMG_4498.JPG

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Out of sight! Love the wood! I'm glad you are showing us an Atrax pen; the kit never "moved" me, but now I'm going to get a few and get to work. As I said in a post to Mark James, understated pens, without all the "frue-frue" are what I like. Let the wood/plastic do the talking, and not be detracted from by gaudy components.

WriteON

Hey All

I just finished This weeks Pen and I thought I'd show it off.

It is Golden Amboyna Burl paired with Atrax Fountain Pen hardware and coated with 10 coats of Cyanoacrylate.

Am I the only one who likes amazing quilted
Wood paired with simple metal components? I just love the combination of simple metal and outrageous wood. Don't get me wrong, I still love complex and intricate pen hardware, but there is something beautiful about complex wood with simple adornments.

View attachment 225215View attachment 225216View attachment 225217View attachment 225218View attachment 225219View attachment 225220

"Pen Turning on the Rock"
That is furniture. Fashion and function. Beautiful work.

Top Bottom