Mark your bushing order!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

One thing I do is mark the bushings for a pen with notches on the base of the bushings for the order they are mounted. A pass with a triangle file makes a permanent mark.

One notch = nib; two notches = nib center band; etc.

This gives me visual confirmation as to the proper order for the bushings. Messed up a Cigar pen by mounting the bushings in the wrong order and have done this ever since.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

I just about did that with a Comfort Pen this weekend. For some reason you get two large bushings and two 8 mm bushings and you have to make sure you get the small one for the top of the pen or you have a swearing jar situation going on.

mick

I use the 1 2 3 4 method too. . I'm got an old skew that I'll cut shallow rings 1- whatever on mine. Helps in those pesky pen with 4 different size bushings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

egnald

I've used a diamond tip electric engraver to put 1,2,3,4 on the bushings, but they usually come out looking pretty terrible because I just don't have a steady hand anymore. I like the idea of using a file to put successive marks on them. I will have to give it a try. I've also gotten in the habit of measuring just to make sure, especially with the Cigar style. Thanks for the tip. - Dave

Top Bottom