Mark James segmented Triton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Our friend, and segmenting Guru Mark made this 7" long segmented blank for me that was originally to be used for a kitless pen. But I managed to destroy that intention. So I salvaged most of the blank, and used it with a Triton RB kit from Beartoothwoods.com Chrome with Gold accents. Two coats of thin CA, and 6 coats of medium. I assembled the pen with the segments inline with upper and lower barrels. But I carelessly handed it to a friend last night. Who removed the cap, took a look, then cranked the cap back on as though he was changing a tire on his car. Be cautious when you let someone handle your pens!!

The pen is sub-standard, but it is complete. Which has been quite some time coming for me. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSCF0274.JPG
    DSCF0274.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCF0276.JPG
    DSCF0276.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCF0277.JPG
    DSCF0277.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 295
  • DSCF0278.JPG
    DSCF0278.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 290
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's a very nice looking pen, Chuck !!! . Huge kudos to Mark also, for that beautiful blank !!

Very well done, both of you !!

As for your friend ... just give him a twist in return !!! 🤣 LOL !!

The pen is sub-standard, but it is complete. Which has been quite some time coming for me. Thanks for looking!

Chuck, just read the last of your post. AHHH, no, this is not sub-standard in my opinion. You and Mark made a great looking pen here. Heck, if you want to see far below sub-standard see what I would have done with a blank like that. Mark sent me one quite a while back and I'm still afraid to try and turn it.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks great Chuck. (I won't nit pick the segmenting as it wouldn't be polite 🤣 ).

😷
I believe this was a three sided inlay, not my best work. But I was happy with the alignment for a 7" long blank. If you wish for more, just let me know - I'll suggest a 4 sided as I can get better alignment.

I love this kit! Stay healthy Buddy!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I hope that is a lot easier than it looks! Great job!
Thanks Tony! Marks blanks are nice to turn. I just try to remember to add some thin CA once in awhile. Although I did trust it too far toward the end where it started getting thin walls.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, just read the last of your post. AHHH, no, this is not sub-standard in my opinion. You and Mark made a great looking pen here. Heck, if you want to see far below sub-standard see what I would have done with a blank like that. Mark sent me one quite a while back and I'm still afraid to try and turn it.
Tom, for as many pens as I have made, this one should have been better than it is. But I appreciate your vote.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That's a very nice looking pen, Chuck !!! . Huge kudos to Mark also, for that beautiful blank !!

Very well done, both of you !!

As for your friend ... just give him a twist in return !!! 🤣 LOL !!
Thank you Mal! Mark gets most of the credit for the overall beauty of this one. ;)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks great Chuck. (I won't nit pick the segmenting as it wouldn't be polite 🤣 ).

😷
I believe this was a three sided inlay, not my best work. But I was happy with the alignment for a 7" long blank. If you wish for more, just let me know - I'll suggest a 4 sided as I can get better alignment.

I love this kit! Stay healthy Buddy!
Thanks Mark! You are correct, this one is 3 sided. I still have a 4 sided blank you sent me. It is square, and mostly Walnut. I'll get to that one some day. Thank you VERY much for making these for me. Got me back in the shed! 😁

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Besides the plonka that over twisted the cap, I don't see anything wrong with it either.
It got you back in your shop too, which is a big plus. I find that the longer I stay away, the more difficult it is to go back in. Personally, I think you and Mark are being a tad too modest.... :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Steven! It was fun to get back to the shop. One of the flaws is where the CA lifted when I pressed the parts in. I went a tad too far.
I appreciate your comments.

Hubert H

Besides the plonka that over twisted the cap, I don't see anything wrong with it either.
It got you back in your shop too, which is a big plus. I find that the longer I stay away, the more difficult it is to go back in. Personally, I think you and Mark are being a tad too modest.... :)
I had to look up plonka - good word.

Top Bottom