March Meeting!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Ok, since James volunteered my garage for the next meeting I guess I'll do it. Besides, I still have 2 packages of hot dogs from the last meeting.:rolleyes: However, doing a kitless pen in 4 hours while explaining every thing really is beyond my capabilities. I could do some aspects of doing a kitless pen. And kind of fill in the blanks. Besides, most of the fun of doing a kitless pen is coming up with a plan.

So the demo is set, and we usually have a meeting in March, so right now, the only date in March I can't do it is the 12th. So, lets decide on the 5th, 19th or 25th. And since March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb, I'm leaning toward one of the last 2 dates. Let's make it a goal to decide by Jan 15th. Anyone who has a date preference, post in this thread, so everyone knows in plenty of time.

And 1 other question. Does anyone know how long hot dogs last in the fridge? :eek:

SDB777

Does anyone know how long hot dogs last in the fridge? :eek:

Yes, May past not all that long ago....Sandy has moved in, she told me they smell 'funny' and won't eat them. So, the pup won't eat them after a few months....

I'll try to keep the 25th open. Guess in a few days Bob can send out a mass email, so there can be no excuses of not knowing far enough in advance.

So step up 'peeps'.....do something!

Scott (don't just talk about it) B

SDB777

I put a link on both FaceBook group pages that I know about, concerning Central/Arkansas turners directing them back to this topic.

Scott (gloves are off....volunteer peoples) B

SDB777

You should have made a poll with the weekends in March....closed it in a week and just gone with that date.

I can also bring the RingMaster 723 and do a really short/quick demo using that?

Scott (and maybe a can of chili for the hot dogs) B

SDB777

Scott ,, is your ring master the one that mounts on a lathe or the powered one??
(i'll try to make it to a meeting,just started back turning a few pens)

I've been led to believe that BJohn is getting a demo fella(snowbird) that owns a tool company to come and show us how to turn a mini vessel. Looks like I'll be leaving the RingMaster at the house this next time.

The RingMaster 723, it use to belong John(Knucklefish)...it's the stand-alone model.

Scott (gonna be a great meeting) B

BJohn

Brenda and I are good for the 19th, Easter weekend is not good for us. So if we go with the 19th we will for sure be there.

I also thought I had Mike Hunter with Hunter tool's lined up, all was good he was excited and more then willing to come up from the village. But there is a CATCH he will be going back up the the great snowy north on March 1st.

Guess after 2 months he miss's the cold? Go figure?

However if any one still would like to meet him and see the demo he has scheduled for the Diamond State Wood Turners. Which I believe he is going to turn a platter with one of his new tools that he designed just for that project. He is scheduled for Thursday, January 21st 6:30pm at the First Jacksonville United Methodist Church.
You would be more then welcome, drop me a PM I'll give you directions to the church.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Bob's

P.S.

if you have have been thinking of getting one of his tools, he always brings some an offer's a pretty good discount too! He takes cash, check's and even C/C's too.

SDB777

Wow.................

Guess I'll change plans again. Bob, I'll bring the RingMaster again, as an additional demo.

Let me know if you need anything else Bob!

Scott (bumpage) B

TDE

As of now the 19th. works for me. We have a bunch of changes going on at work,so I don't know 100%. I'm ready to get together again. Merry Christmas everyone. Ted:)

nativewooder

Don't know anything about "kitless" but if you were to make a "kitless", a camera could take lots of pictures which could be posted on a wall as your demo went from step to step. Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words! Good Luck!

wwneko

Dang missed out on Mike Hunter, what a guy, that's too bad. Ringmaster is pretty cool though!

BSea

Another thing we might do is "Cool Tool" show and tell. :cool: Surely everyone got something for Christmas turning related.

Scott, if you're going to bring your sawmill, I'll need to know in advance. :eek:

SDB777

Put a raft under it.....maybe I'll be able to get it out of the backyard. Psst, I think it's longer then your driveway though.

I ordered a few things....to show folks. You won't believe your eyes.....

Scott (not a tool though) B

Hawker 1

Will darn sure try and make it. Problem is I don't know where I will be next sat. much less 3 months from now. Hunting/falconry season still going on in March.
Hope to see everyone though.

SDB777

Birds need a bit of rest now and then:biggrin:

Hope to see ya there!

Looks like the meeting should be made a firm date Bob? Been more then enough time to get everyone's input(and there has been a bunch of views).

Scott (pouring more blanks today) B

BSea

Birds need a bit of rest now and then:biggrin:

Hope to see ya there!

Looks like the meeting should be made a firm date Bob? Been more then enough time to get everyone's input(and there has been a bunch of views).

Scott (pouring more blanks today) B
I agree. Nobody has objected to the 19th, so lets make that the date.

I'll send out an e-mail later today or tomorrow.

I'm getting ready to pour blanks too. If things go well, I may have a new one to show off.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Count me in for the 19th although I really don't know all the fuss is about. Being the only one at a meeting is not such a bad deal! You get the host's undivided attention. Your get your choice of all the free blanks from the Ooops box. You get first choice from the discount box and you get your pick of the new blanks to purchase. You can eat all you want at lunch. It really wasn't so bad! :eek:) But I hope there is a record crowd for March!

SDB777

I'll try to make sure I don't schedule surgery just before this event. Because that is what people use for an excuse not to come! Hint, hint.....I'm watching you.

Scott (even in pain, I'll be there) B

BSea

I sent out an e-mail a few days ago with directions to my house. If for some reason you didn't get it, e-mail me or send me a PM.

Some of you may remember John Chapman who did the cool segmented bowls. He said he'd be coming, and he's bringing some students that he teaches pen turning. We may have to open the garage if enough people show up. But that's a good thing.

DLGunn

Mark your calendars, you don't want to miss this meeting. There will be a guy there (me) who just started casting. This guy will even have a few free, yes FREE, Alumilite blanks to give away.

I figured since I'm a learning to cast and will have more blanks made than I can turn, I will bring a few of my samples as a thank you to this group who have helped me and taught me a lot.

Top Bottom