March 25th Meeting!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I know this is a little late getting out. Our next meeting is next Saturday (the 25th) at Ken Leslie's house in North Little Rock. Our pen trade is a modified slimline. Any modification will do, it doesn't have to be elaborate.

When: Saturday March 25th from 10 to 2

Where: 581 Silverwood Trail, North Little Rock

Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/581+Silverwood+Trail,+North+Little+Rock,+AR+72116/@34.8137019,-92.2657154,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x87d2bd9ee0d882e5:0xbbf437c96dca171e!8m2!3d34.822496!4d-92.2595

Please post here if you plan to come. Again, Sorry about the latge notice.

Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Unless plans change, I hope 2 b there!

I know I am the new kid in the group but just thought I would share a thought! Since the Ace Hardware store is going to provide a meeting place for the bowl turners, we could consider asking if the Pen Turning Group could meet there also. This would provide a centralized location that I feel would give the group
some added stability....

Reactions: TDE

BSea

I know I am the new kid in the group but just thought I would share a thought! Since the Ace Hardware store is going to provide a meeting place for the bowl turners, we could consider asking if the Pen Turning Group could meet there also. This would provide a centralized location that I feel would give the group
some added stability....
The problem is that he doesn't want to do a Saturday meeting because that's his busy day at the store. That pretty much eliminates anyone who lives outside Little Rock, and works during the day.

BSea

Just FYI, Shawn is planning on doing another kitless demo. If you missed any of Shawn's demos in the past, you should really plan on attending this meeting if at all possible. Shawn is a professional pen maker who makes pens for clients all over the world, and he lives right in our own backyard. (If you consider Hot Springs as your back yard).

Also, many others responded to the e-mail, so I'd expect at least 10 art this next meeting.

Hope to see you there.

TDE

Well, both of my friends had to back out so it looks like it will only be me coming. See everyone tomorrow. Ted:)

wwneko

Missing a demo by Shawn by only 2 weeks :(. Whe when does the group of bowl turners meet at ace hardware?

Fixin' to hit the road...

I will be leaving in about 30 minutes! Bob, if u see this (sent e-mail also) please bring me one of your "green head" duck calls if u still have any left! I have only 5 or 6 kits for the VA but I am bringing them also..sorry I don't have more...I have ordered some pre-drilled blanks from PSI...when they come in I will get a few more ready..:)

TDE

Just want to say thanks to Ken and Nancy for the use of their house and garage. You will never leave Ms. Nancy's house hungry. We were served a wonderful meal. Was good to meet several new people. Like to also thank Shawn for the kitless demo. Had a good time as always. There is just something good about getting together with a group of guys that have the same interest. We failed to discuss next meeting so I guess we will have to figure that out later. Happy turning, Ted:)

Ditto what Ted penned! We had a great meeting Saturday with Ken & Nancy! Thanks to the both of you for your hospitality! Lunch was great! I think someone said the next meeting would be for the purpose of making blanks for the VA turning program! (The AAW will be meeting in Kansas City June 22 -25)

BSea

Just want to say thanks to Ken and Nancy for the use of their house and garage. You will never leave Ms. Nancy's house hungry. We were served a wonderful meal. Was good to meet several new people. Like to also thank Shawn for the kitless demo. Had a good time as always. There is just something good about getting together with a group of guys that have the same interest. We failed to discuss next meeting so I guess we will have to figure that out later. Happy turning, Ted:)
We did discuss the place for the next meeting though. It's planned for the shop at the Arkansas School for the Blind on Markham in Little Rock. Ronnie Halsell is co-ordinating the meeting. Stay tuned for the date. It's more than likely going to be in June. I don't know how many are planning to go to the AAW meeting ion KC, but it would probably be best to avoid that weekend.

And I also want to thank Ken & Nancy for hosting the last meeting. Nancy went all out with breakfast & lunch! :good:

Top Bottom