** March 2022 - Coyote Pen Kit issues **

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
** Attention Coyote Pen Kit Buyers **

Well this is embarrassing... It seems we have issues with several of the kits that were sold last week. Thank goodness we found it before a full launch but there is a potential threading issue with the top insert that the mechanism screws into. In some kits the mechanism threads will bind before it's screwed down far enough. This results in a gap between the rear twist cap and the pen when assembled. Since the problem is the pressed in part you'd have to disassemble the pen to replace the bad part. I'll be emailing customers later as well but we wanted to get ahead of it before folks run into problems. (Not a lot of sleep last night as I tested a few hundred parts)

To check yours before you make the pen, screw the mechanism into the threaded insert and ensure it goes down far enough.

See attached photos... One shows you the two parts and the orientation to test, the other shows the correct depth (from the bottom of the part) on the left and the problematic part on the right. You CAN force the issue by gently using vice grips or pliers to screw the insert in further but you do risk damage to the mechanism. We will replace any defective or damaged parts though so feel free to try, risk free.

If you have a bad part please reach out and we'll send you a tested good part at no charge. As I said... This is a bit embarrassing, but we'll make it right.

IMG_20220306_105915.jpgIMG_20220306_105046.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Tim can you post a picture from the other side with the transmission screwed into the correct depth? That way we can use the line on the transmission for reference.

Why not give an overall length; end to end, of the correctly assembled parts?
Honestly, because just going by the first photo is faster and easier than pulling out the measuring tools. It's enough of a difference that you don't need to measure. The ones that hang up do so at nearly the exact same place every time so if it screws in past that spot you're always going to be ok. My calipers were up at the house and the visual is pretty easy to go by I think.

MRDucks2

If you double click the second photo in the first post it is easy to see a huge difference in how far the twist mechanism threads in.

Top Bottom