March 14th 2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wwneko

Fuji spray mini-mite 3. Workbench (3"+ top thickness). Two harbor freight workbenches, some lumber, two portable air conditioners, two harbor freight welders one stick one flux wire, two car jacks, harbor freight mini lathe (12"). Circ saw. And I'm not sure what else...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

Timing/other commitments will prevent me from coming. It still has not worked out for me to attend my first meeting. Maybe in the spring.

I read here about the interest in the Beads of Courage Program at ACH. Very worthy cause. But ya'll need to check with the program directors at ACH before you just arrive with the vessel's. I made the attempt on behalf of the Diamond State Wood Turners in Jacksonville to work with them last year.

There was some initial interest but after they checked things out. The offer was turned down. Apparently there is a ladies group making quilted or some kind decorated cloth bags, and they just did want the issue. (Politics)

BSea

What do we need to bring? A dessert, something to drink, anything else? Are we doing a pen swap?
I'm sure Scott will chime in after he gets home. But I know we're supposed to bring our own drink. And plan on a pen swap, but it's not official.

I'm bringing chips and dip.

BSea

Looks like a photo tutorial day. Both forecast I see show showers Saturday morning. One shows showers all day at 50%, and the other shows showers till 11. Either way, with as much rain as we're having between now and then, Scott's yard is going to be really soft and wet.

SDB777

Possibility of needing a boat to get to the sawmill: Moderately Above High
-It's not the sawmill that is the problem, with the ground saturated from two weeks of rain or ice or more rain, between the house and the mill is the problem. I've run the mill in the rain for paying jobs, but I'm not sure I can get a group of folks to stand in the rain with me(no matter what kind of free timber is being tossed off it).

I've been watching the WunderGround app and the WeatherChannel app(as I have absolutely no faith in the local station to forecast what is happening outside their studio if they were outside in the weather). Chances for 'whatever' are dropping with every hour that goes by for Saturday to just be cloudy...at last look it's >20%

All that goofy stuff said,

Back-up plan one!
-Photo tutorial(s)
-Turning demo of Poly Resin bottle stopper
-Maybe a overview of the hollowform tool(s), and maybe spin something using the tool(s)
-James mentioned a sharpening tutorial/demo

Lunch will still be Lyn's Pulled Pork sandwiches, and awesome baked beans. Please bring a drink(s), as there are just too many options....I'll have coffee on all day though:wink:
We aren't coleslaw peeps, so if you want some....just sayin'(we ain't gonna have any)

BTW, don't have to get wet for a piece of Flamed boxelder, it's in the side yard!!!

Scott (cross those fingers) B

Knucklefish

Hi Guys! With only 34 days left until the end of tax season I am working everyday and the days are long. Been a strange season with ACA and other things which have caused tax payers to procrastinate and causing a big push at the end of the season. I can't wait until April 16th!!
I won't be able to make this meeting and it's killing me! Sure wish I could make this one but you all carry on and have some big fun!
JP

Robert57

Sorry guys, change of plans for me. Cannot make this first time meet for me. Work takes precedence over hobby, dang it.
I will keep up with the going on and try make next one. Wish I could make this one.
Thanks,
Robert.

SDB777

Last call...
Ya might as well be here as anywhere else...after all, turning is fun!!!!

Scott (you just sat in that chair all weekend....ewwww) B

Hey ya'll....Done been to LR twice this week & gotta go 3 times next week....so that being said, I am just not up to the trip this morning but will definitely try for the next one.....A couple of us have started a "Wood Turning Club" down here & have met with a lot of enthusiasm from about 5 turners! We meet on the 1st Thursday nite of the month & if enough interest is shown, we also meet on the following Saturday morning for anyone/everyone to get some hands on experience. We actually met 2 goals last meeting that I figured would take over a year! We had 2 students from the Jr. High show up & 2 adults intersted in beginning turning, so we are pretty excited! The only problem is that we only have a small Grizzly, a small Jet & a Shopsmith to demo on... but we are making do! We are demo-ing everthing from calls to tool handles...

Attachments

• call.jpg
    call.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 192

BSea

Thanks to Scott & Lynn for Hosting the meeting yesterday. Great pulled pork, and Lynn's famous beans!!

Scott & James worked on a hollow form. I got to play a little. That was my 1st time using a hollowing tool. The weather didn't cooperate, so we didn't get any time with the sawmill.

All-in-All, another fun meeting.

SDB777

BTW, how did Bob get to leave without a chunk of FlameboxElder?

Wasn't as much redness inside those two log/chunks I had out front, but I hope those that got to grab some up...enjoy it!

Scott (our pleasure) B

TDE

Thanks to Scott and Lyn for having us at their house. Enjoyed the fellowship.
Got my flaming box elder,hope to make a platter and maybe a square bowl. Might even make a round one. Good to see everyone again. The weather wasn't as nice as we hoped for but it was still a good time. Nice meeting James and going to his house to drool over the things he's selling. Take care, Ted:)

Hawker 1

Thanks to Scott and Lyn for hosting the meeting. Enjoyed watching the hollow form turning and all the comments kept me laughing. Hope for nicer weather next time.

Top Bottom