Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Made this today I made it because I liked the wood. I intended to try staing but it looked good with just a Melamine Laquer.
After finishing I noticed a circular mark around the nib so I'll keep this for myself.
Hope you like it please free to comment.

Attachments

• pen4.jpg
    pen4.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 156
  • pen3.jpg
    pen3.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 154
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 162
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Nice piece of maple that you have there, Michael.

In the last photograph the barrel at the nib end looks underturned at the top and overturned underneath. Is it just the photo?

Alan

Kcimdrib

Nice piece of maple that you have there, Michael.

In the last photograph the barrel at the nib end looks underturned at the top and overturned underneath. Is it just the photo?

Alan
Alan it's the photo I use flash as well as the light box led and it's a bit hash but I can get a small apature and better depth of field that way also I hand hold the camera. Apart from the annoying mark on the nib it's perfect. Thanks for your comments Alan.

howsitwork

Michael

I am very impressed by the figure, shape and the colouring of that one. You will probably find it darken's a little over a few weeks which will add to the allure. I don't think it needs any spirit staining with that grain!

Kcimdrib

Michael

I am very impressed by the figure, shape and the colouring of that one. You will probably find it darken's a little over a few weeks which will add to the allure. I don't think it needs any spirit staining with that grain!
Thanks Ian for your comments it is a nice piece of wood.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice. As to the nib mark, might it be how you press in the components? I use some pieces of HDPE with several hole sizes in it. I have never 'rubbed' a ring onto the nib, but I can see how it could happen.

Kcimdrib

Very nice. As to the nib mark, might it be how you press in the components? I use some pieces of HDPE with several hole sizes in it. I have never 'rubbed' a ring onto the nib, but I can see how it could happen.
Yes Mark you could be right I bought a new assembly/ disassembly press recently and I like it but just getting used to it.
Thanks again for you comments.

Top Bottom