Maple Burl----HF

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

I turned this Hard Maple Burl Last week---she is now headed to the show room.
Stands 18 inchs tall and 15 inchs at the widest points.
See the Mountain Dew can.
I filled three 30 gallon trash cans with chips.
I only turn a few of these monsters a year

Attachments

• hardmapleburl.jpg
    hardmapleburl.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 321
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

VERY nice turning you have there, very nice indeed! Where did you get you big burl ... is there a tree in the KY forest someplace that is missing a chunk or two??

Fred

Remember the other week or so that you said you would be gone to some show? Well, me and several others that know our way around YOUR parts came to recon your stash and there they were just sitting there all unguarded and looking lonely.

So, we took turns guarding your stuff and departed the area when our scouts reported you were about to turn into your driveway. We were just out of sight when you pulled up to find your place just like you left it. How's that for IAP brotherhood!

Now, how's that for a cover story? I'm sticking to it too just like we all planned to do!

ngeb528

Gary,

You probably don't have enough room in the show room for something that big. Better send it to me. :wink:

Beautiful job.

Fred

Gary, please let us know when the next show is and be sure to also let us know about what time you will be leaving and returning.

IF you must return early, just call your house and let the phone ring once. Do this three times really quick so the all know when to get out of the shop, er, ah, go and move our trucks and such so you and the little lady can get in the driveway.

We definitely want to be gone before you get home since we all know how tired you can be after one of these show thingies that you get off to ever so often.

Oh yea, we really appreciate the heads-up on the show dates and times. It kinda gives the ten of us a chance to "gear up" and get ready.

Have fun now, ya hear! Since we will be there at your place night and day just go, sell, and have fun. You ain't got nothing to worry about ... much!

Top Bottom