Maple Burl and Blood Wood, aluminum and other wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
This pen has a cool pattern in it. It was fun to make but I had to make the top half twice. I could not get the copper to stay in it. I have some beautiful white colored veneer that I put in the second one.

il_570xN.454573700_3nfv.jpg

il_570xN.454580007_trtj.jpg

il_570xN.454573760_pb6w.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The center design uses what John T. showed us for random segmenting but I used it to create a pattern. There is a lot more that can be done with that technique. John T. showed us the basis for endless possibilities. Give it a try it isn't all that difficult.

Last edited:

ChrisN

Your pens are awesome! I've gotta try that - my lathe is coming today and I am really excited because of all the awesome ideas I've gotten for pens from this site!

Chris, if there is anything I can do to help you get moving please feel free to contact me. I am excited for you to start out in this great hobby.

Your pens are awesome! I've gotta try that - my lathe is coming today and I am really excited because of all the awesome ideas I've gotten for pens from this site!

ChrisN

Chris, if there is anything I can do to help you get moving please feel free to contact me. I am excited for you to start out in this great hobby.

Thanks for the offer! Your segmented pens are very nice, I hope I can get that good. If I have any problems, I'll be sure to take you up on your offer! :biggrin:

BeSquare

Nicely done, I have a box of hardwood blanks, some copper sheet and a few copper baron kits just waiting for a new table saw blade to dig in to this. You have inspired me!

Your segmenting, fit and finish are amazing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom