Maple and walnut giraffe sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
My wife's blind support group did a trip to our local zoo and Neil, the director of the zoo gave us a tour, including a behind the scenes tour of the giraffe area and we got to pet a penguin. I had made a pen ahead of time as a thank you. Here is a picture of the maple and walnut "giraffe" pen I made him. The second picture is Neil holding Tweedle the penguin. And just in case your wondering, Tweedle LOVES the attention. Neil says he's the first one near the door whenever he hears someone coming to do a group interaction.
438145B1-795C-4F28-A5A9-D99D35AE8F29.jpeg37E9EFF0-397D-4ABB-9C51-EA14382E9684.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WarEagle90

Great story to go along with a fine looking pen. I'm amazed at the designs you guys are capable of with segmenting. Something I can look forward to trying down the road.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Really impressive pen. I would love to see how you managed that.
This is the first pen made of a design that I made and laser cut. Most of the work was in design, testing and layout. The size of the holes and the inserts have to be slightly different to account for the laser cut. Eventually these will likely be available for sale, but at the moment - I'm still working out how to make them consistent. If you were at MPG, there was just a few of them that I sold, but I don't know who all bought them... so you might see some more?!

Top Bottom