Map of Canada!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisD123

ChrisD123

Hey, a couple months ago I had a great idea to make a map of Canada out of 14 different exotic hardwoods! Turns out after cutting out a piece is was not such a great idea.... So many small cuts and so much sanding :(! Anyways! I got through it and finished it a couple weeks ago and I thought I'd share! The backboard is 5 feet by 4 feet and the map is about 4 feet by 3.5 feet! It's going on our basement wall!!! Let me know what you think! C&C welcome! Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 431
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

i think that looks awesome Chris! very well done. There are a ton of small cuts involved in that, i can totally appreciate the amount of work that went into that entire piece!

walshjp17

That is really fantastic. I can't imagine how long that took what with all the intricate cuts. Well done.

Now, for your encore, the same thing with native Canadian wood:biggrin:

Kretzky

Great Job! Typical, it's the eastern & northern provinces that caused all your problems I guess :wink: Look at all those straight line cuts in the west! Not that I'm biased in any way :eek: :biggrin:

gbpens

Extraordinary work! I was in Ottowa a week ago and even to a states side guy it is instantly recognizable as CANADA. You did the country proud.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey, a couple months ago I had a great idea to make a map of Canada out of 14 different exotic hardwoods! Turns out after cutting out a piece is was not such a great idea.... So many small cuts and so much sanding :(! Anyways! I got through it and finished it a couple weeks ago and I thought I'd share! The backboard is 5 feet by 4 feet and the map is about 4 feet by 3.5 feet! It's going on our basement wall!!! Let me know what you think! C&C welcome! Thanks for looking :)
Hi Chris; I have a number of sets of 1992? Canadian quarters that would look neat embedded in the provinces or put into the blank space.

pm me if you are interested in a set. no charge!

stonepecker

BEAUTIFUL.

I understand why it took so long. I don't understand why you would hide this in your basement. You should have this displayed where many can see it and marvel at your work.

Great job.

Top Bottom