Manu Propria - Roller Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

Yesterday I finished my first Roller pen with urushi finish.
The rollers are supplied by Schmidt Germany. My goal was to make the roller look a little bit like a fountain pen. Therefore I have shaped the brass tip similar to a nib. I am still not sure if the design is good

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 279
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hcpens

My son-in-law loves FB and RB's. Where are u selling these at, and about how much, as his BD is coming up. Great finish, and design, would never thought of shaping the tip like that. Let me know if you are going to start selling them.

jyreene

Your finish is just astounding and spot on. Overall shape and lines of the pen are great. I don't think the nib is wrong at all. The only thing I think may be slightly off is the front section shape as compared to the nib. Not bad but the lines seem a bit different between the two. But that could also be shadow.

thewishman

Gorgeous! I love your urushi work! The fiery ring on the finial adds such a nice touch.

The section looks very fountain pen-ish. On first glance, the nib looks odd - the result of many years of expectations. Reserving judgement for the present, I'll come back and look again.

Thank you for continuing to share your work here.:)

magier412

I think it's spectacular! I tend to favor fountain pens, although roller ball pens seem more practical in a lot of ways. This pen is elegant enough that I may just change my mind about roller ball pens. Thank you for sharing.

manupropria

Thank you guys. First I didn't want to extend my collection with rollers but there are many people that prefer the convenient roller pen to the fountain pen. Before I started making pens I used a Montblanc ballpoint pen for more than 30 years. But honestly spoken it has never been a pleasure to write with it, to hard and the section to thin. I still have a notch in the middle finger that doesn't disappear. Writing with a light weight ebonite pen with a roller mine is a real pleasure

magpens

Beautiful pen !! Exquisite finish !! What metal did you turn the nib from ? Has that been plated or coated ? Thanks

Marko50

Spectacular!!

Martin, that's amazing work. Excellent execution, beautiful finish and the fit is perfect. Love it.:)

manupropria

Thank you very much. The nib is turned from hard brass and gold plated. Note brass and bronze need first to be plated with Palladium beore gold plating. Brass absorbs gold when plated directly

PenPal

After so many years of pen kits that promote coatings and excess fitting V real top and bottom shape design and real display via design the shape near the tip is IMHO refreshingly different both utilitarian enabling true positioning on the line or paper.

The finish out of the ordinary Urushi creating impact that gives realisation that the whole world of pens does not rise and set on the Fountain Pen rather is more than equally met by the Roller with the ease of use, reliability lack of real maintenance, cleanliness in practice.

Real pens for real users not advertising vehicles for nibs and ink manufacturers the precious metal replaced by precious design for use.

Kind regards Peter.

manupropria

Thank you Peter for your favorable opinion. It is indeed my goal to make pens for real users and to extend the variety and I would also like to extend the theme Urushi somewhat show some variations and break out of the tradition.

Thanks again,

Martin

OZturner

Outstanding Pen, Martin.
Glorious Finish, Superb Profile, Line, and Proportions.
I love the treatment of the Nib - "Roller Ball". A Great Idea and Superbly Executed.
Most Unique.
Brian.

Top Bottom