Manu Propria Pens - Murano Glass Nib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

Finished this afternoon the first dip pen with Murano Glass Nib.
Jet-black "Shôen" Urushi Lacquer and jet-black Glass Nib.
From January 1st on, all pens/lacquers are available with glass nibs. Written with home-made Ink made from Green Tea. For proper writing with dipping Nibs the ink needs a lot of gummi-arabicum

Happy Holidays

Martin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks for showing, Martin !! . As you would know by now, I follow your work quite closely even though I don't do anything like it myself.

I have, or had, a question ... it's about whether anybody actually uses the glass nibs that you show above on this glamorous pen.
I am inclined now to believe that yes, indeed, some people use them !! ... otherwise you would not bother with them.

But, beyond that, I am wondering what their reason for using them is. . Do glass nibs offer, to some writers, some characteristics that are particularly desirable in terms of writing quality and/or style ? . I'd appreciate any comments, from anybody, please.

FGarbrecht

Saw an interesting you-tube video recently from a young lady glassblower who made beautiful glass dipping pens. These are cool pens Martin.

manupropria

Thank you for your feedback.
I had to polish the glass nib quite a bit, it was very scratchy.
The nib writes very nicely and the structure/channels of the nib keep a lot of ink, much more than common dip nibs.
And on my opinion it is a very aestetic thing. Important to use the right ink. If the ink is to thin/liquid it will just run out of the nib.

Top Bottom