Manu Propria Pens - Barrel/Cap & Clip, a new pen concept.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

A Bamboo Pen made from turned Bamboo material, rings and end pieces "Kinsokumitateai" made from urushi and brass powder to look like solid brass fittings. The section Japanese black-brownish Ebonite, #6 gold nib.

The bamboo Barrel/Cap lacquered with transparent "Sukurome" Urushi lacquer. The large Clip forged from a large iron nail "Tetsukugi", treated with "Yakitsuke" ki-urushi is burned into the iron surface over a charcoal fire. The weight just 50 grams.

Best regards,

Martin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Very cool concept! I always love your work. I think that a small threaded or magnetic piece to cover the coupling when in the 'capped' or 'closed' position would be a nice added touch. If it is magnetic then you wouldn't have to have exposed threads on the opposite end to be able to post it when in use - a cleaner look IMHO -- and this way the user wouldn't have to keep track of it while in use.

Curly

Brilliant thinking and execution.
When I saw it the other day on FB I had to think a bit before it dawned on me that the two threads are different diameters and there are corresponding threads in the cap to make it work. Magic.

manupropria

Thank you Guys.
The nib is a plain JOWO #6
I also thought about the visible thread when closed, either to have a sort of lid or something to close the barrel.
Magnet is an interesting idea indeed, thank you for the hint, I will think about

Mortalis

I don't know if it's just me or not but I've had issues with magnetic caps on fountain pens. They don't seem to seal as well as threads and my nibs dry out very quickly. Just an observance I've had from my experiences.

manupropria

This is a good point about the magnet.
Here some more penss of this type I officially call AWARE.
AWARE - The Asian concept of impermanence has also given rise to a certain Japanese aesthetic ideal called aware. Aware amounts to a moment, circumstance, or happening, which arouses an deep, "sentimental melancholy." In Japanese poetry, it's often associated with autumn and the impermanence of the relative world. That this is seen as a desirable quality, in contrast to how Westerners sometimes view the transient character of nature, is an sign of the uniqueness of Japanese art.
Aogai Migin on Bamboo.jpg

Attachments

• Aogai Migin on Bamboo-3.jpg
    Aogai Migin on Bamboo-3.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Aogai Migin on Bamboo-2.jpg
    Aogai Migin on Bamboo-2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Aogai Migin on Bamboo-1.jpg
    Aogai Migin on Bamboo-1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 132
Top Bottom