Maneater Dogbone molds leakage around the stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

I've been using Maneater Dogbone molds for a while. Have always had a problem with leakage around the stoppers filling up the cavity. I know Mike Hardin has acquired the brand and have emailed him to see if he has a suggestion. Wondering if anyone else has used them and has a tip.
Thx,
Greg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I have two of them and a few others of the Maneater molds. I've never had an issue with any of them. When I first started I was using a wax based release. After several uses I had a good amount of build up in the mold and caused an issue of flaking and contaminating the clear resin. I started using a spray silicone release and have had zero problems. I'd suggest first make sure the molds are clean. Second I always turn the mold upside down with the inserts in and press down on a flat surface. Not sure it does anything but it makes me feel better doing so.

Gregf

Thanks. I switched to Stoner release and pressed the stoppers more firmly into the mold. No leakage this time. Previously used Mann 200.
The Stoner is waxey. Concerned that it will flake off.

Kenny Durrant

I never tried the spray wax release. The brush on is what I used and it worked well for a long time. I just got careless with the cleaning. The spray silicone just wipes right out. Never an issue. It also seems to rejuvenate the silicone plugs. When I demold I'll give the plugs a shot before putting them up.

Top Bottom