mandrels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisww

this might be a silly question but I need to ask any way I havn't even got my lathe yet but am trying to get my ducks in a row ( so to speak ) the question is what size and where do you get a mandrel to turn 8mm and 10mm pens and larger sizes because all I am seeing is 7mm mandrels

wood-of-1kind

Some use the same 7mm mandrel ie. the 10mm cigar pens are done on the 'A' mandrel as well with the use of bushings to hold the blanks in place. The mandrels (A & B) may be purchased from AZ (Arizona Silhoutte) and Berea directly. In Canada I purchased mine from Lee Valley Tools.

-Peter-

dbriski

Some fo the bushings are sized to go inside the 8mm, 10mm etc. to hold the tubes and the larger part of the bushing is for sizing the barrel.
Sort of like this:

----__
_____
----

leehljp

Member Liaison
Under "Pen Turning" there is a post from 12/15 on Bushings Chart. The Link is here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20033
In the third post is a link to the Bushings Chart. On the chart (from page 2 or 3) you can see different bushing sizes for different pen tubes. The A or B mandrell that it fits is listed on page 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom