Mallard ...........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rd_ab_penman

Flank and Gadwall duck feathers I cast in polyester resin and finished with my 5 minute process.
Dressed up in a Black Titanium and Platinum Elegant Beauty Sierra twist action.

Les

#1 - Black Titanium & Platinum and Gadwall Duck Feathers.JPG#1A - Black Titanium-Platinum and Gadwall Duck Feathers.JPG#1B - Black Titanium-Platinum with Gadwall Duck Feathers.JPG#1C - Black Titanium & Platinum with Gadwall Duck Feathers.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The pen is very nice. The blank pairs very well with the kit.
What time did the ducks wake up?
Was it at the Quack of dawn?

Sorry,
Dave

Early, very early, that's why I hate duck hunting. It's dark when you get to the blind, usually colder than a normal freezer. Then you wait for the sun to finally break and notice there's probably 100 other duck hunters around you and there's more decoys in the water than birds in the air. Plus the birds never fly close to shore so if you do get one you usually have to wade out into the Missouri River to retrieve them. A couple of years ago a big flock of Canada Geese flew overhead and one of the hunters I was with decided to try his luck, he hit one and it almost landed on me. Missed me by just a few inches and I hate to think what would have happened if it landed on me. But I do agree, these are very nice pens indeed.

rd_ab_penman

Flank and Gadwall duck feathers I cast in polyester resin and finished with my 5 minute process.

Les

View attachment 246109View attachment 246110View attachment 246111View attachment 246112

Les

View attachment 246109View attachment 246110View attachment 246111View attachment 246112

rd_ab_penman

Les

Les

After just clearing up some misunderstanding with John Underhill ( Underhill Custom Creations ) I realized I had unintentionally been posting some of John's feather pen blanks that he had made for me a few year back that got mixed up with some of the feather pen blanks I made.

JohnU

I don't know if this has been discussed, but there are strict rules and laws about migratory birds, and what can be done with their pieces and parts, and that includes the feathers.
You are correct, that's why I only use domestically raised bird feathers from game farms with permits and tags. I made and cast this blank back in 2010. It is one of my favorites I regret selling, but Les did a fantastic job bringing it to life.

Top Bottom