Makeup Brush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Loucurr

Loucurr

I have seen shaving brushes but are there kits for makeup brushes. My wife uses one similar to the shaving brush but I don't believe that it is the same. :confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

That's funny, first saw the title of this thread and got excited thought some one found them. My wife made some for gifts this past Christmas. Got them from penn state.

Tried to get more they have been discontinued. Arizona Silhouette's may have a couple left in the black finish (I think) but along with everyone else is out of stock. Becasue they got their supply from Penn State.

Penn State's excuse is they didn't sell good. But it seems like no one was able to keep them in stock YOU FIGURE.

The Golden Nib a vendor here on IAP has some they are more $$$ then the others but appear to be a better brush.

If you find some please pass on the information to me.

Last edited:

Loucurr

Thanks for the info...any tricks or pointers for making a handle/knob for one of these?

alankulwicki7

I buy my brushes from Coastal Scents. They have a 40% or 50% sale a few times each year so I stock up then.

Since the brush heads are odd sizes, I drill the hole for the brush head with a forstner bit. I then adjust the hole with a small bent hollowing tool according to the brush head. I shape the handle, flip it around and mount it in a chuck with some 1" pin jaws in expansion mode and then finish off the bottom. I use a beeswax/mineral oil finish that is easily reapplied buy the buyer.

Here are a few I've made...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 118

Loucurr

I buy my brushes from Coastal Scents. They have a 40% or 50% sale a few times each year so I stock up then.

Since the brush heads are odd sizes, I drill the hole for the brush head with a forstner bit. I then adjust the hole with a small bent hollowing tool according to the brush head. I shape the handle, flip it around and mount it in a chuck with some 1" pin jaws in expansion mode and then finish off the bottom. I use a beeswax/mineral oil finish that is easily reapplied buy the buyer.

Here are a few I've made...

Thanks soooooo much, awesome info. :biggrin:

Top Bottom