Make your own bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rickbw

Can anyone point me in the direction of finding instruction on making your own bushings?

I have been away from penturning for about 1.5 years ad last night did a bunch of "straightening up" the workshop. I have alot of different kits (sierra, cigar, El Presdente, etc) but cannot find all the bushings. Is there a site which would show me the proper bushing size?

Thx,

Rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Can anyone point me in the direction of finding instruction on making your own bushings?

Rick; I have started making my own metal between centers bushings because I wasn't satisfied with the stock bushings I was getting from PSI. With a metal lathe they are easy to make and you can make them to tighter specifications than the stock bushings.

I wonder if anyone has made bushings from Corian???

randyrls

I have used corian. If using a mandral, glue in a brass sleeve first. They tend to get smaller with sanding though.

I usually make my bushings about .005" under size. This helps keep the sandpaper from hitting the bushing. I always use calipers set to the actual fitting size to set the finished size of the blank.

Top Bottom