Make a wife happy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

My wife loves to sew and embroider. She has an embroidery machine, but once in a while she needs to remove a bunch of switches. Among the other honey dews I finally got around to making her this seam ripper.

Ben

Attachments

• P2061545.jpg
    P2061545.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 330
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Beautiful seam ripper Ben! Bet your bride is going to love it! BTW, is it from a kit and if so, where did you purchase it? I've seen several kits for sale and others that were made from seam rippers from Walmart, Michaels, etc. The wood looks like ebony or some other dark wood like walnut, very pretty and I really like the shape...VERY nice turning!!! Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you!

walshjp17

It is a kit and it is available from PSI.

I made several of these for my sister and her quilting group. The original one had both large and small seam rippers. PSI also sells a standalone stiletto. After I made a few, my sister suggested putting just one ripper and a stiletto into the handle as it would be more convenient for the quilters to just turn the darn thing around rather than trying to hunt for the other item. I then ordered a bunch of stiletto inserts to convert the kits. Shortly thereafter, I noted PSI selling the combo. Not saying it was me, but ....

Top Bottom