Mailing pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmpartain

What do you guys use to mail the pens? I mailed a friend of mine a Jr Statesman and a Gentlemen's. He got a padded envelope with a rip in it. I'd like to think the processing equipment at the post office tore the thing and they fell out, but I suspect something a little more intentional.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I use the black boxes from the group buys that Monty heads up. I place these in either a padded manilla envelope or a priority box ....depending on how many pens I'm shipping.

gerryr

Box or no box, it gets wrapped in as much bubble wrap as possible and still fit in whatever size Priority Mail box I'm using. I just don't trust padded envelopes.

Chuck B

It may be a little more expensive but send it either Certified or Delivery confirmation/Signature confirmation. We get parcels sometimes that the machines tear up& I refuse to deliver a empty parcel I just give it back to the clerk.

Chuck

pmpartain

Looking back, I should've insured the package, or done the certified delivery. I've never lost anything through the post office before, and luck finally caught up with me. Thanks for the input everyone.

johneaton

Priority mail, flat rate mailer, even a flat rate envelope for a single unit. Yes, lots of bubble wrap. Sign up on your computer to use usps click and ship to get free delivery confirmation. Go to the PO and it's 50 cents.
But if it's a single unit (less than 13 oz), you may consider the slow boat-first class mail. It goes about as fast as priority. But you don't get the deals you do w/ priority mail.
The PO has a special publication that is quite extensive as to how business should ship. It is excellent and it is free. Lots of great ideas. But most of the better ideas translate into shipping on your computer through usps click and ship.
Happy holidays. John Eaton, Jonesboro, AR

Turnitall

The biggest problem with flat rate priority mailing is that you can not get insurance on it.
I do most of my mailing in 6x10" padded envelopes with the pens wrapped in paper towel then with a piece of flat cardboard folded over them. All are sent USPS First Class with deliver confirmation.. usually about $1.50 for postage... I tell the customer if they don't take insurance I am not responsible and always send them an email the day of mailing with the delivery confirmation number... insurance is usually about $1.35 more...

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Turnitall
<br />The biggest problem with flat rate priority mailing is that you can not get insurance on it.

Of course you can insure those packages. I send all US bound packages Flat Rate Priority and insure every pen. I just sent nine packages out yesterday...all Flat Rate insured.

jrc

I use the 6x10 padded to send up to 6 pens. I can put up to 3 pens in a 8 X 2 X7/8" watch box and to will fit in the 6 X 10 envelope. I bought these boxes just for shipping and they have worked out very well for the smaller orders. Here is the link for the boxes,
http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-7280&ref=5604

pen%20slip.jpg

jjenk02

Now you have me worried, earlier today I droped off 4 Jr Gent Titanium 22K fountian pens at the post office priorty mail, but not insured or delivery notification. I'll keep my fingers crossed.[:(]

woodwish

I've mailed two in those flat-rate USPS envelopes. Both envelopes made it to the destination with enclosed letters. Both envelopes had been opened and retaped, both pens gone. No note, no explaination of the re-taping. Ticked me off but what can you do. Now I use UPS or FedEx [:(]

Turnitall

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />
Originally posted by Turnitall
<br />The biggest problem with flat rate priority mailing is that you can not get insurance on it.

Of course you can insure those packages. I send all US bound packages Flat Rate Priority and insure every pen. I just sent nine packages out yesterday...all Flat Rate insured.

Your right, my mistake... I was thinking of two packages I just sent to Europe by Global Flat Rate Priority... those can't be insured...
My mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom