Maiden Voyage Vertex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ink_a_fink

ink_a_fink

To quote the great scoundrel himself, Han Solo -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts kid."

My first pen has been turned. Not the best you'll see, but then again...it may not be the worst. For a first pen, I can't complain. Nothing broken, no issues with chipping or cracking or things getting glued where they should not have...overall a smooth and enjoyable process and I am looking forward to turning many more pens.

The blank is resin (Smooth-on's Smooth-Cast 327), cast by me . This one was an off-shoot from one of the many failures I have while trying to dial in colors and dyes -- I did not expect it to survive my unproven pen-turning skills but I stand corrected....I may be less clumsy with a carbide tool than I give myself credit for XD
I guess it's time to break out the good casts and give another pen a go!

I would like to extend a thank you to this community - The forums and information shared here have been very helpful in my learning this craft.
And an extra thank you to @qquake for the daily discussions we've had about pens, turning and casting.

Attachments

• DSCF7863.jpg
    DSCF7863.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF7867.jpg
    DSCF7867.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF7870.jpg
    DSCF7870.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 117
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom