Magnetic necklace pens/customization

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kitchlady

Recently I have started doing some shows and wanted to know if anyone has ever made some custom magnetic necklace pen kits and or, anyone that makes the necklace/magnetic mechanism in different tube sizes.

I have seen a few kits offered for sale, and I would like to try them out, but I wasn't sure if anyone has customized or found a reliable/quality source for them.

The requests came from a few nurses who stopped by my booth and saw the PSI magnetic seam rippers and crochet hooks. They loved the ideas and said - now if you offered those as pens, I would surely get them. So, I had a few ideas:

1. Buy an existing kit.
2. Take the necklace & magnetic portion from a seam ripper or crochet necklace, then use an 8mm pen kit, and switch out the top of them pen for the magnetic portion. Modifying the length of the tubes as needed.
3. Find someone to make the magnetic portion in different dimensions to retrofit any size needed (see question below)

Thoughts? Discussion???

Thanks,

Melissa

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
You might call PSI to see if you can buy the magnetic cap & clasp as individual items. Might not be possible, but it should be easy to find out.

You wouldn't necessarily have to use an 8mm kit - you would just need a large enough top on a pen for the mag cap - probably wouldn't even need a tube for that part of the pen.

Not sure if it meets your needs, but there is a detachable Mini Necklace Pen Kit. It's not magnetic, but it is a quick-disconnect, so it's almost as convenient as a magnet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom