Magic?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I was trying to make something "magical" and this is what I came up with. How might you wonder is this magical? The arrow, rings, and goblet are each individual pieces of wood without any glue joints. The rings cannot be removed from the arrow and the arrow cannot be removed from the goblet. The arrow and goblet are ash and the rings sycamore. I had trouble deciding how best to show "magic" in this piece. If I were to do it again, I would place the rings inside the cup.

07D3E1C5-CBE8-4A10-9520-FCD926257355.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penicillin

Nicely done!! I won't give away your "magic", but it reminds me of the old science experiment we all did as kids.
(Note: Photo found in a web search, not mine.)

P.S. I like the rings outside the cup. If anything, I would add a third ring inside the cup.

Egg in Bottle.jpg

Woodchipper

OK, I know how to get the egg in the bottle. How do you get it out? Make an omelette?
Or holding a finger over the end of a straw (paper in the olden days) and sticking it in a potato?
Let's admit it. We old timers had loads of fun and didn't need an electronic gizmo for entertainment. We were lucky to have a B&W TV with three channels. No A/C but an oscillating fan in the bedroom.

penicillin

OK, I know how to get the egg in the bottle. How do you get it out? Make an omelette?
Or holding a finger over the end of a straw (paper in the olden days) and sticking it in a potato?
Let's admit it. We old timers had loads of fun and didn't need an electronic gizmo for entertainment. We were lucky to have a B&W TV with three channels. No A/C but an oscillating fan in the bedroom.
Actually I know how to get the egg in the bottle, and assumed that was what the photo was trying to show, albeit in the wrong order. (Or perhaps the photo was from the Middle East. Many languages there read from right to left.)

I never tried this. It is just a hunch:

I would try pouring soda in the bottle. Flip it past sideways so the egg plugs the hole, and then give it a little shake. I suspect that the released carbon dioxide would be strong enough to push the egg out. It would be tricky, because if you flip the bottle too much, the egg might try to float on the soda.

I will leave experimental proof as an exercise for you, the student. I would rather turn pens than spend time sacrificing a bunch of hard boiled eggs to test my hunch. :)

Top Bottom