Magazine Rack

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

With the weather being so nice, it's time to knock out some backlog projects. First on the list is something to store magazines that my Aunt asked for. I made it using some scrap pieces of cypress that I had laying around. The finish is a beeswax and mineral oil paste that I rubbed into the wood. I hope she will be pleased with it.

Attachments

• Mag. Rack.jpg
    Mag. Rack.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Mag. Rack2.jpg
    Mag. Rack2.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Mag. Rack3.jpg
    Mag. Rack3.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

It is eerie how similar that magazine rack is to one I made about 25 years ago. We still use it. I did not use any plans and simply laid it out as I went. Your handle is shaped differently but aside from that seems almost identical in shape. Just curious, did you use plans or just make it on the fly?

Needless to say, I think it looks great.

jttheclockman

Oh the backlog projects list. That list seems to grow with each pacing day. That came out really good. i am sure it will be a big hit. Good to see someone still uses them.

I too used to make many magazine racks and sold them. For some reason they died off. maybe people just do not read any more. not to hijack your thread please forgive me,

Last edited:

bmac

No plans per say, just a picture that she had of the style she wanted. John, your right, it seems that not many people just sit and relax while reading a good magazine or book. The world is going by at an ever increasing pace and we are missing the good things in life.

Bobby

Top Bottom