Made in America

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lmstretch

I have always been interested in purchasing items made in America. When i was at this year Midwest Penturners Gathering (great event), I ask if there were any companies in the US that made pen kits. I was told that LazerLinez use to, but not any more.

Today I called them up and talked to the owner , and he stated that website does have one kit listed that is in-stock. However, in the next few weeks/months he will have more listed on the website. He stated that he is getting back into the pen kit business.
Yeehaw!!

If anyone knows of any other American pen kit manufacturers, please let us know.

Also, fee free to list any non-Chinese/Taiwan manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texas Taco

I was looking at their website a couple days ago and notice all the pen parts and kits show sold out. They had plenty of bushings available.

I've used the kits from there for some time as my "higher end" offerings. And, frankly, I don't think there's a pen out there that's better. The roller ball & fountain pens (Eagle, Raven & Desire - all 3 are quite similar) are fantastic. And I'm not aware of ANY other manufacturer that makes 100% stainless steel roller ball & fountain pen component sets. No plating to wear off here! I like what Penn State is doing but their suppliers aren't quite there yet.
I'm pretty sure they are the only American manufacturer. If only they offered a click ballpoint that uses the Schmidt mechanism....

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I've used the kits from there for some time as my "higher end" offerings. And, frankly, I don't think there's a pen out there that's better. The roller ball & fountain pens (Eagle, Raven & Desire - all 3 are quite similar) are fantastic. And I'm not aware of ANY other manufacturer that makes 100% stainless steel roller ball & fountain pen component sets. No plating to wear off here! I like what Penn State is doing but their suppliers aren't quite there yet.
I'm pretty sure they are the only American manufacturer. If only they offered a click ballpoint that uses the Schmidt mechanism....
Here you go. 100% usa made. http://www.silverpenparts.com/page62.html

Curly

.......... And I'm not aware of ANY other manufacturer that makes 100% stainless steel roller ball & fountain pen component sets....

The British made Shakespeare kit is all Stainless. I can't say whether is is better, equal or worse than the ones offered by LaserLinez as I have never made any of them. Just pointing out there is another company that makes some.

Lmstretch

Thanks EBorrga, a little pricey but they look nice. I think they will be for something special.

Thanks Curly, I purchase one of Shakespeare kits and it's top quality. I am sure I will buy more.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Although the Liberty uses a 27/64 tube, I don't know if the bushings are the same as a Sierra.
Does this site still have the bushing list? That should answer the Q

Ironwood

I have used tube-in casts that were made for the Sierra on the Liberty, As I turn between centres, the bushes are a non issue. But from memory, the Sierra has an outer diameter of 12mm, where the Liberty is 12.6mm.
If you need to use bushes to turn on a mandrel, you can still use the Sierra bushes, just don't turn the blank all the way down, use calipers to measure as you go, and stop at 12.6mm.

Top Bottom