Made a few less expensive pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pen Joe

Pen Joe

I Have turned only a few this past year, been real busy running heavy equipment and do have a lawnmower repair shop so don't get much time to pen turn but with the winter setting in her in south Louisiana and I really don't like cold weather and then add wind, not bad when I was your but not good now, they were all of the fun line pens, just did a little more work on the blank to make them different, the light color wood is only a branch out of a Japanese Maple they have the very small knots where only a small stem comes out with only two leaves, they look good and easy to turn, and the others are just cut at a whim, added the little teasels for show, I sold them and people say they like the bottoms turned that way making the pen easier to grip, so time to order some kits, they have sure gone up and the things needed, Joe
IMG_1906.jpg
IMG_1930 (1).jpg
IMG_1966 (3).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1948 (2).jpg
    IMG_1948 (2).jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 19

Woodchipper

Very nice with the departure from the same old profiles. Did you cast the blanks? How did you turn the beads on the purple blank? Thanks for sharing.

Pen Joe

Thank you both for the compliment, I really don't care for a straight pen so something different was needed, I get more compliments from those who get them that the looks are great but able to hold the pen secure with the first three fingers they say has a perfect contour and it really does feel natural to hold, the small groves are made with a tool bit and I really off hand don't know the name I will look it up and post a pic tonight, it come with the lathe and all the tooling and about 60 kits that I bought from a lady whose husband has passed away, she only wanted 150.00 for everything I gave her a lot more than that, she had no Idea what she had, I put the money in a sealed envelope, told her she did not have to count it promise it's all there, she went into her home and I loaded the lathe, tooling, Kits, blanks, the list went on and on, she come out and said you really counted this and if so you cannot count very good, it got to the point where I told her if she does not take the money I would put everything back, after she got her composer back I finished loading and we are great friends now, it was just the right thing to do.
Again, thanks for the compliment, Joe

Top Bottom