Machining service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I made my own for several kits. That was the first thing I did when I got my metal lathe.

Fatdawg

Times like these I sort of wish I had my own metal lathe. However my full time job is a CNC machinist and don't want to get into side work at home. We all know how it starts when others find out about your machinery.
The company I work for is very strict, so there no "goverment work" allowed. A guy got caught here a few months ago and well he's currently unemployed. All the local machine shops in my area number one, don't want bothered with doing something like this or two charging an outragous price to do it. Their way of saying they don't want bothered either.

DozerMite

Banned
I made my own for several kits. That was the first thing I did when I got my metal lathe.

Are they "straight", or did you cut some kind of 'tube cleaning' part on it like the stock 7mm, 8mm and 10mm ones have??

The ones I have are straight since I don't need to clean any glue or anything out of the tubes.:rolleyes::wink: I clean anything out with another tool. I can put a cutter on the end like the stock pilots though, just don't need them for myself. They don't really do that good of a job IMO either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom