Mach 3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

PenWorks

Took me a while, but I finally got around to making some Mach 3 razor handles to go with my brushes. Thanks for looking and any comments. :)

Attachments

• 4_mach3.jpg
    4_mach3.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 426
  • bluegold_set.jpg
    bluegold_set.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 261
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Thanks for your post Anthony, it gives me some shapes to shoot for. I got my three in, going to try to get one done this week. I`m busy, retired and all, you know.

PenWorks

Anthony

How does the Mach 3 head connect to the handle? Is there a tube and insert for the threaded portion rod?

Thanks

Tim

Tim, there is a 4mm threaded rod on the end of the head. I used a 7mm tube and turned it as a closed end pen using a 7mm mandrel from AZ Sil. I then epoxied the threaded rod into the tube. I am going to try a different way next time. I am going to turn the handle using a Bealle chuck, then drill the hole on the lathe closer to the 4mm rod and epoxy in.

THarvey

Tim, there is a 4mm threaded rod on the end of the head. I used a 7mm tube and turned it as a closed end pen using a 7mm mandrel from AZ Sil. I then epoxied the threaded rod into the tube. I am going to try a different way next time. I am going to turn the handle using a Bealle chuck, then drill the hole on the lathe closer to the 4mm rod and epoxy in.

I think the treads on a European finiel are 4mm. Wonder if the press in nut is available.

Top Bottom