Macadamia Gentleman's Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

My first try at a Gentleman's pen. I think it came out pretty well! I really like this kit, but MAN is this a big pen! I'll post a pic of it next to a Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesman II over in the penturning forum for reference. What do you think?

Macadamia%20Gentlemans%20Pen%20Closed.jpg

Macadamia Gentlemans Pen open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

Is Macadamia normaly that color? How does this pen feel/balance in the hand? William C. showed me a Baron, I think it was, the other day and it seemed so tiny at the business end. It was beautiful but seemed very small to me.

PenWorks

Very nice Jim, your nut is alot lighter than my nuts, mine are almost black.
Looks good. Nice size pen to if your man enough to handle it [:D]
You have been very busy since study is over with! I looked at your others as well,
very nice. Now just work on your picture sizing, so I don't have to scroll. [}:)]

JimGo

Darn it! I thought I had resized all of my pics before posting them! Sorry guys, it's getting late and I'm not up for resizing tonight.

Bob, I have no clue whether this is the "normal" color (first Macadamia pen I've done), but it is the color of all five blanks I received. I really like the size/weight. You'll note that the cap doesn't post, so that helps with the weight distribution.

BTW, I showed this off at work (have a friend who is thinking of buying a pen as a wedding present - it will be my first sale!) and I had several people ask if this was snakeskin. I had to smile, because the guy who sold it called the wood "Hawaiian Snakewood". I don't know that I'd go QUITE that far, but it does look neat - kind of a cross between Snakewood and Leopardwood.

Anthony, thanks for the kind words! I'm trying to make up for the lost time! [:D] Plus, I want my friend to be able to see as many different kits as possible before she makes up her mind. I still have four or five others to make before the end of the week; I hope I'll be able to get another two kits done tomorrow night too. Gotta love a good, strong CA finish! [:)]

Darley

Jim what kind of software you use for your photos?, BTW nice and neat pen, like it, I think I have to do a night trip 5 block down to my place they got a Macadamia tree, will walk my dog and my chain saw [:D]

JimGo

Serge,
I use Microsoft's Digital Image Pro version 7. I think there are some newer versions out there, but it works for me. I mostly use it just to crop the pics and to occasionally adjust the color balance, though I find that with these pictures and the lighting I'm using, I don't have to adjust the color very often.

Ben

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />My first try at a Gentleman's pen. I think it came out pretty well! I really like this kit, but MAN is this a big pen! I'll post a pic of it next to a Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesman II over in the penturning forum for reference. What do you think?

That stuff looks EXACTLY like some LACEWOOD,(although others call it Leopardwood from time to time) that I bought locally at Master Craft.

I have a pic of a slimline that I made from it here:
http://www.penturners.org/oldalbums/Ben/Leopardwood%20Slimline.jpg

Whatever kinda' wood it is, it looks beautiful. I still need to make a Gent or Statesman. I DO like the Baron though! AWESOME Penwork! Keep it up!

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom