M3 Titanium Mokume Jr Retro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from southernclay

southernclay

I haven't had much shop time lately but had to make some last night to turn. M3 Composite Innovations was nice enough to make an offer of buy 1 get 1 free more or less and since I've wanted to try an M3 blank for a while figured now was the time.

I ordered the white and I am really pleased with how it turned out. My camera is packed up so pics don't do it justice but hopefully get across a little of the beauty. The material was awesome to turn. I used carbide and had some pretty ribbons flying off. It sanded and finished nicely using the polish that is recommended with the product. The material has some beautiful tiny flecks close up. Anyway, try it, you'll like it! :biggrin:

Thanks to Michael/M3 for making the offer.

C&C welcome and thanks for looking.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2583.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_2585.JPG
    IMG_2585.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 546
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Thanks all!

Tony I dry sanded, 240 through 600 then 100 (they recommend through 800 but don't have any). Then polished with part A twice and part B twice. Not a lot of polish either time.

southernclay

Hey Harry,
Definitely enough, I like the little some top in the retro though. Not sure if you can pop the finial out or not. I almost picked a jr gent 2 and would've done that for sure.

One thing that would be nice is for these to be available in 7/8" for the larger sized pens. I don't make many but for the turners that do I would think there would be an outlet for them.

MHKogan

I haven't had much shop time lately but had to make some last night to turn. M3 Composite Innovations was nice enough to make an offer of buy 1 get 1 free more or less and since I've wanted to try an M3 blank for a while figured now was the time.

I ordered the white and I am really pleased with how it turned out. My camera is packed up so pics don't do it justice but hopefully get across a little of the beauty. The material was awesome to turn. I used carbide and had some pretty ribbons flying off. It sanded and finished nicely using the polish that is recommended with the product. The material has some beautiful tiny flecks close up. Anyway, try it, you'll like it! :biggrin:

Thanks to Michael/M3 for making the offer.

C&C welcome and thanks for looking.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Warren,
Wow, another great pen. I don't think I have ever seen a Retro look so nice.

PM me with your address and pen rod selection and we will get your free pen rod out to you right away.

Top Bottom