M3 Titanium Mokume fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Quality Pen

Quality Pen

So, I took to trying the M3 Titanium Mokume contest they're running as a good excuse to buy more stuff :tongue:

Anyways, I was most surprised by the variation in some of these blanks -- you'll see this pen is virtually grey! Not like the other ones I have seen at all. I think it turned out alright but quite different from the others with lots of black. It complements the components well.

The M3 definitely has a bit of a unique look that doesn't show up in the photos (at least the ones I take!) that well. But suffice to say, it doesn't look like your typical acrylic. It's more of a luster than a "pop!"

Used the m3 AB polish to finish it up.

Questions, critique, all welcome. :biggrin:

Attachments

• m3 1.jpg
    m3 1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 277
  • m3 2.jpg
    m3 2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 224

magpens

That is a pretty nice Magnetic Vertex - the blank matches the pen kit very well. On your pen, the lack of black is very appropriate, IMO.

On my "pink" M3 blank I found the same as you - a lack of black. And on some other M3 blanks, like the blue and the red, there is too much black and not enough color.

Skeleton2014

M3 Titanium Mokume

Here's my M3 Titanium Mokume on a Imperial FP under normal lighting and black light.
Turns and polishes great... just a little bit disappointed in the difference between the upper and lower tube pattern. Think next time I would choose a pen where the tube sizes were very close to each other or a single barrel pen.
Thanks for looking, Jeff:)

Attachments

• M3-Ti-Mokume.jpg
    M3-Ti-Mokume.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 170
  • M3-Ti-Mokume2.jpg
    M3-Ti-Mokume2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 179
  • M3-Ti-Mokume7.jpg
    M3-Ti-Mokume7.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 156
  • M3-Ti-Mokume8.jpg
    M3-Ti-Mokume8.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 139
  • M3-Ti-Mokume9.jpg
    M3-Ti-Mokume9.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 130

MHKogan

So, I took to trying the M3 Titanium Mokume contest they're running as a good excuse to buy more stuff :tongue:

Anyways, I was most surprised by the variation in some of these blanks -- you'll see this pen is virtually grey! Not like the other ones I have seen at all. I think it turned out alright but quite different from the others with lots of black. It complements the components well.

The M3 definitely has a bit of a unique look that doesn't show up in the photos (at least the ones I take!) that well. But suffice to say, it doesn't look like your typical acrylic. It's more of a luster than a "pop!"

Used the m3 AB polish to finish it up.

Questions, critique, all welcome. :biggrin:

Looks beautiful to me and I love the kit/blank combination. The pattern is actually what we call a reverse. As this is a new process for us and we are still learning about it, so a contest like this is really very helpful for us. We actually start out with the intention to produce rods with black as the dominant color. We are finding that a small percentage of the rods, reverse with black becoming the grain.

Both rods look gorgeous and the reverse was going to be the next product in this line. We will work on figuring out how to separate the two and offer them as individual selections.

Perhaps we will run a poll to see which version is the most popular?

PM with your address and rod selection and we will get your free blank right out to you.

Thank you for participating.

Top Bottom