M3 Desire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from carlmorrell

carlmorrell

I was glad to find out that McKenzie started making M3. Finally acquired a white mokume blank, along with a stainless Desire kit. Working with it seems just like the former M3. I've only made 2 or 3 pens this year, after making about 2000, and giving about half of them away, I am burned out on pen making. I modified the lathe last year by adding a cross slide and quick change tool post so I could make small metal parts. Yes it took longer to turn since I had to turn the wheels a lot. But it was less stressful, I did not have to worry about using a had tool and digging in and destroying the blank.
IMG_3256.JPG
IMG_3257.JPG
20231031_172708.jpg

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very attractive blank and pen Carl. 👍 👍 I also am just getting started back after not turning on my lathe for maybe 18 months. Life got bust and I have little motivation. The shop is cleaned up and I have some projects laid out. I like your blank a lot - thanks for sharing.

carlmorrell

Very attractive blank and pen Carl. 👍 👍 I also am just getting started back after not turning on my lathe for maybe 18 months. Life got bust and I have little motivation. The shop is cleaned up and I have some projects laid out. I like your blank a lot - thanks for sharing.
Believe me Mark, I know about lack of motivation. I simply crashed when I retired.

Top Bottom