Lucky?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

It's been a while since I did any label casting and decided to do a few casts the other day. I went to my tube drawer with the intention of grabbing a 3/8" tube to cut to length for a 30 cal bolt action pen and noticed a bag of tubes labeled "cartridge". I thought what luck I do not have to cut and true up a tube. I put my labels on and cast away. After curing I mounted it on the pen mandrel with what I thought was the correct bushings and started turning. The blank slipped several times as as I was turning despite every thing being tightened properly. I could not figure out what was going on. I grabbed a kit to assemble the pen and thought my finished tube seemed long and then noticed that the press on parts slid in loosely. At this point, I thought darn the luck I wasted a casting and some time. I checked the bag of tubes and read the label more closely and it said "Cartridge Bullet". I have never turned a cartridge bullet pen so it's a bit of a mystery as to why I had those tubes. In checking dimensions, I learned that the final diameter of the tube that I turned was a match for the cartridge bullet pen. Since I happened to be going to woodcraft I picked up the right kit and voila!
EF6BB0DA-3717-4298-9E49-997F3CC674B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom