Lucky Me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
My pen, but this was sent to me as the result of the transformation swap activity from Bob (BSea). Bob tried to warn me about novice this and novice that and then blew me away with this work of art I just received yesterday. We've all seen a wave of kitless pens posted in recent months, many of which are quite similar in style. Bob has certainly kicked it up a notch with this design. Fit and finish are flawless. I've participated in many swaps over the years, been pleased with most, burned by some, but this by far is the best I've received.

Many thanks for your efforts and creativity. I will treasure this for years to come. For the rest of you - enjoy the view.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BSea 1.jpg
    BSea 1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 711
  • BSea 2.JPG
    BSea 2.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 716
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew_K99

Awesome pen!

I love the stories these pens have, who would have ever thought to pair up those materials unless given them in a box? Not many but the results are simply stunning!

AK

BSea

Beautiful pen. Fill us in a little Bruce; what were the materials you sent?

Here's a picture of what Bruce sent. The wood is rose myrtle burl. I used the black ebonite & the blue PVC along with most of the veneer.

Packagereceived2.jpg

I have several of the pieces that didn't make the grade. I made 2 complete sections, and had to change the 2nd one. Originally it was going to have a blue PVC lip, but I over turned it & exposed the blue under the ebonite. Then I had a blue ring where the multicolored ring is. But the glue didn't hold, and it came off. Fortunately I could still use the section.

I alsohad to make 2 different cap thread pieces. The 1st one broke, so I went up a drill size on the next one & it worked fine. I told Bruce that I made several prototypes before I started this. All in all, it took me about 2 weeks working really slow & thinking things through. Even then I had to use some black alumilite to finish because I made to many mistakes with the ebonite.

But in the end, I had a lot of fun doing this pen, and that's what it's all about. Thanks for the kind words from everyone.

EDIT: And you're right Andrew. I'd have never thought to put all those pieces of veneer together. I just wanted to come up with something unexpected with it.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Bruce, I DID enjoy the view. I think Bob has been paying attention, and knows that, pens DON'T have to look alike. Very nice work Bob!

Top Bottom