LSU

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

A friend of mine finally had time to sit down and walk me through using a Silhouette Vinyl Cutting Machine. Yes I know there's You Tube Videos but I couldn't get them through my thick head. I've done some military stuff that was fairly easy so I wanted to try something that would e somewhat challenging. My sons boss went to LSU so I thought this would be good to play with and I had someone I could pass it off to if it liked ok. The logo is Vinyl on Purple Cloth cast in resin. The cloth is fairly dark but it still purple. Thanks for looking and questions and comments welcome.

Attachments

• 9C541844-D1B0-4AFC-B975-874024E825D9.jpeg
    9C541844-D1B0-4AFC-B975-874024E825D9.jpeg
    690.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 6E025F33-F761-4E3F-A29E-763E3BA44BF5.jpeg
    6E025F33-F761-4E3F-A29E-763E3BA44BF5.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 16DB069D-E657-40DF-AFA4-D8F0F1E09787.jpeg
    16DB069D-E657-40DF-AFA4-D8F0F1E09787.jpeg
    626.5 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thanks for the complements. Thanks for the enthusiasm Danny. I noticed the Eiffel tower I your picture so I looked at your profile to see where your located and your in Katy. Just curious as how you became an LSU Fan? Don't get me wrong I barely got out of High School so my hats off to anyone who goes to any college for any amount of time but I like the camaraderie as long as it stays "In Fun" . That being said most of my money and son went to A&M. I did go to the LSU vs. Auburn last year. It was quite an experience. The stadium was huge and packed to the brim and that whole side of town was shut down for tailgaters.

Bryguy

Nice looking pen. I have a Cricut machine (similar to the Sihouette) I use to make stencils for etching Aluminum. I haven't applied vinyl to a pen. Do you CA the pen after putting on the vinyl? What stops the vinyl from being peeled off?

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Again for the compliments. Bryan I don't do anything to seal the vinyl. I've done several blanks and I haven't had that problem yet. Just so you know if it's starts now I'm blaming you for brining it up. Ha Ha. As far as stocking up the images are copyrighted so I can't advertise and sell them. My son works for a college ticketing department so he gives them away for gifts. He's worked at several schools both private and state and one AAA baseball club and EVERYONE of them said they didn't care what I made as long as I didn't sell them. Now there was a few I traded for some nice Polo Shirts.

Kenny Durrant

Danny I made a friend some Alabama blanks but I can't find the pictures. There was a white background with a red A and a red background with a white A. The red with a white A looked awesome but the other still looked good. He turned them and gave them to his Pastor. He called them the "Home and Away Pens".

DrD

Danny I made a friend some Alabama blanks but I can't find the pictures. There was a white background with a red A and a red background with a white A. The red with a white A looked awesome but the other still looked good. He turned them and gave them to his Pastor. He called them the "Home and Away Pens".
I am major league a Tiger - Geaux Tigers! - did my last 2 degrees there and taught/did research there for several years. Wanted to play ball there but coach - Paul Dietzel - said I didn't weigh enough.
If you plan on making some more of the blanks I'd pop for a few!
Geaux Tigers!

Texas Taco

Geaux Tigers!!! Nice pen.

I just completed a couple Tiger pens for an old friend, she wanted them for their wedding anniversary.

The color on this one is a lighter purple than I would have preferred but she was pleased with it.
IMG_20200602_170724.jpg

And this one was turned from pieces of Death Valley as the blank.
IMG_20200515_110514.jpg

Reactions: DrD

Kenny Durrant

Tony I like the pen with the stadium blank. I've do a lot of stamps and I'll segment the ends of the tube with wood or something that has value to go with the stamp. The vinyl logo would be nice capped with the stadium blank you've shown.

Top Bottom