Lowly Saturn/Streamline, but they sell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

I've had a run on wood Cross refill style wood pens. It might be price ($30-$35), or weight/bulk compared to better pens like Parker refill or rollerballs - I can only guess. Before surgery I cut up and drilled many of these needed pen blanks so I could stick to doctor's restrictions. We sell 50-100 of these yearly and recently sold ten to a distant customer in Malibu. They are a repeat customer who purchased eight to send to Norway.

Woods L to R
Cocobolo
Bubinga
Yucatán rosewood
Desert ironwood
Diagonal Bubinga
Cherry burl
Zebra wood

Kit -$2-$3
Blank - <$1 to $4

They are relatively easy to turn and CA finish as I turned and finished these this morning.

Think about it. Note: no Rubenesque shapes which some folks love and I don't.

Attachments

• IMG_4466.jpeg
    IMG_4466.jpeg
    504.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

In the 15 years that I have been making pens, I have sold and gifted many of them and I have modified them also. The slimline pen is a great seller and make nice gifts. I have made them from several different materials and deer antler is one my favorite to turn. The first pen that I turned was a slimline out of black walnut, and I still have it.

Last edited:

d_bondi

Those are all great, but my favorites are the Desert Ironwood and the Diagonal Bubinga. I'm with you, I'm not so much into the curvy shapes for my pens.

sorcerertd

They all look great. That diagonal cut on the Bubinga really looks nice.

The first pen that I turned was a slimline out of black walnut, and I still have it.
That was the first kit I used also. It has that black stripe on the clip that I can't stand, but it still gets used now and then.

Top Bottom