Low cost pen cases and sheathes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JonathanF1968

JonathanF1968

Anyone have pen cases or sheathes you like that are under, say, $3? I've got about ten pens (mostly Jr. George like the one in my profile pic) to give as gifts, and I'd like to dress up the presentation a little, but not a lot!

There's this $2.50 contender from Turner's Warehouse:

And this $2 from Exotic Blanks. It looks the same as the above, but it is labeled "leatherette," which seems more likely in both case....

There's this set, but I don't like some of the colors. I'd rather that leather be black or dark brown:

And then there are these very cheap sleeves, that are practically free. So cheap that I wonder if they are more like gift-wrapping than usable cases, but it could be worth a try:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I like these, they are a bit small so they won't work for full size pens but should be okay for Jrs.

(Might be able to get them a few pennies cheaper from other sellers, more than one have the exact same product.)

If you have a laser engraver, you can burn your logo onto them too.
1006191844_Film4-01.jpeg 1006191845_Film4-01.jpeg 1006191845a_Film4-01.jpeg

penicillin

We use pen display tubes from Rockler. They cost 70 cents each. They come in a package, 10 for $6.99.

The tubes are transparent, but the ones in the photos have a thin gift slip inside. The slips face out so they can be read. The slips say: 'Handcrafted pen by (our names). Wood: (wood type), Source: (like "Africa" or "South America"), Refill: (either "Cross" or "Parker"), and a date.'

We usually tie a thin ribbon (2 mm?) near the top of the tube. The tubes I buy at Rockler are large enough to hold a "Faith, Hope, Love" pen, but they will not hold the largest pens. I have never made a Cuban pen ("cigar" pen?), but I have been told that they do not fit these tubes. Penn State sells similar display tubes in multiple sizes.

https://www.rockler.com/pen-display-tubes

Pen Display Tubes 2.JPG Pen Display Tubes 1.JPG

budnder

I like these at less than $1 each:

I got 100 for $44, but then shipping was $20, so ended up being 64 cents each. I seem to recall it's one of those places where you most always have some sort of coupon or promo to discount the order.

They've been talked about before a few times:

Quality Pen

Velvet pen pouches I've found to be a nice budget-conscious approach. They offer mild protection, look nice, "seal" well if you tie/cinch them, and operate very easily and quickly.

duncsuss, that engraving looks awesome! What kind of machine do you do that with?

philipff

I make leather slip-sheaths for my pens that are made from scrap I buy at a local "scrap material" shop and sew them with a used sewing machine I bought. Changed the needle to work on leather and did a bit of learning about sewing online and there they go! I probably have a couple bucks invested in each and that does not include my time. P.

Top Bottom