Loving this Ebonite.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Pepka

Carl Pepka

German Ebonite, Blackberry and Blackberry swirl, Aurora Black Opal and Silver.

Attachments

• 10-04-19a.jpg
    10-04-19a.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 10-04-19b.jpg
    10-04-19b.jpg
    750.8 KB · Views: 311
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Your pen is alive with color...the Black Opal accents are very nice. Did you hand work and turn the opal? I would like to learn to work with opal. Any suggestions for learning how?

Carl Pepka

Your pen is alive with color...the Black Opal accents are very nice. Did you hand work and turn the opal? I would like to learn to work with opal. Any suggestions for learning how?

Thanks, it's lab opal. I did turn the band and hand carved the piece for the clip. It's very similar to real opal but a bit more stable and a lot cheaper. Sharp tools a must, I used carbide on a metal lathe for the band, cant take off to much or the end will chip. Dry and wet sand up to 1500 then buff. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AuroraOpals?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=740808517

SteveG

Thanks, it's lab opal. I did turn the band and hand carved the piece for the clip. It's very similar to real opal but a bit more stable and a lot cheaper. Sharp tools a must, I used carbide on a metal lathe for the band, cant take off to much or the end will chip. Dry and wet sand up to 1500 then buff. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AuroraOpals?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=740808517
Thanks for the info. I will look in to this and may give it a try. I have an assortment of black opal on hand, but those will probably will be too difficult to work with. I might just experiment a bit, and see how much trouble I can get intošŸ˜¬

Carl Pepka

Thanks for the info. I will look in to this and may give it a try. I have an assortment of black opal on hand, but those will probably will be too difficult to work with. I might just experiment a bit, and see how much trouble I can get intošŸ˜¬
Good luck and post the results.

Top Bottom