Lovely pair!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligget

Hi all, now I have your attention. lol

A pen and pencil set, comfort kit without rubber grip, Enduro finish.
The wood had Poplar Tulip written on each blank, I never heard them used together just individually.

Pen upper barrel is a little proud at the centre-band, never noticed till I looked at the picture.

Comments welcomed.
Thanks
Mark

2007629214811_PICT0023.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

Nice looking set! I think the comfort grip is a nice pen. I also make it without the rubber grip. The Enduro finish looks nice too. I have some and I keep reading how much time it takes to wait for it to dry. I just hate waiting around for stuff to dry.[B)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Top class as usual Mark.[:D] I don't think I've ever seen two so closely matched wood blanks before.

Very nice set! Nice warm 'woody' look to these. I like the way you matched the transition from lightwood to darkwood between the two pens.

How long do you wait on the Enduro before polishing?

UKpenmaker

Great set Mark, you're getting the Enduro finish really mastered to a high degree.[8D]
I think that the wood is probobly form the Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera) which is sometimes confusingly called Tulip Poplar.

Ligget

Originally posted by galoot_loves_tools
<br />Very nice set! Nice warm 'woody' look to these. I like the way you matched the transition from lightwood to darkwood between the two pens.

How long do you wait on the Enduro before polishing?

Tom - I wait approx 14 hours for the Sanding Sealer and another 14 hours fot the Top Coat to cure/dry. Then after final MM sanding of Top Coat I wait another 14 hours before applying any Ren Wax or TSW.

A lot of patience required, but I have 5 pen mandrels available, so whilst waiting I can work on other pens.

Andrew, thanks for info![;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom