LOUISIANA TRU-QUARTER™

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Well here is the Louisiana state quarter. This took me around 2 1/2 hrs to cut. All comments welcome!

2012-02-08 22.57.36-1.jpg

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

Gorgeous but then again everyone you have done has been awesome. Even the penny one in a different post. I remember in the 70's cutting them out with a jewelers coping saw and making necklasses out of mercury dimes and liberty standing quarters. Those were stoneage compared to what you are doing now. Keep up the outstanding work, it is always beautiful eye candy!!!

marksman

Looks great! I wouldn't stick that one in a Coke machine :biggrin: but it's going to look awesome on a pen.

MarkD

Wow! There is alot of detail in that one! You must have nerves of steel!
Great Job!

seamus7227

thanks everyone! I know its tedious, but the sections like florida or maine are the scariest areas to cut, even the feet of the bird! Its learning where to cut first so those areas arent compromised throughout the rest of the cutting(from even the slightest vibrations).

thewishman

You certainly do not do yourself any favors when making your cuts. You leave such tiny connecting pieces - I cannot understand how you can work with such precision.

NQGJ!

jd99

All I got to say is WOW!!

Thats a lot of work, looks great.

Do you resaw the quaters first? Also what kind of magnifing visors (optivisors) do you use? Back 20 + some odd years ago when I could still see I used to do a lot of small intricate die work for electronic components, and used an SPI product I think they were called Magna Visors then I had a triple loop mounted on the front of them to take the magnifaction (spelling?) down even more.

Takes a bit to get used to working like that, but I'm sure you know that. :wink:

Cant wait to see that in a pen blank. Great work.

seamus7227

jd99 said:
All I got to say is WOW!!

Thats a lot of work, looks great.

Do you resaw the quaters first? Also what kind of magnifing visors (optivisors) do you use? Back 20 + some odd years ago when I could still see I used to do a lot of small intricate die work for electronic components, and used an SPI product I think they were called Magna Visors then I had a triple loop mounted on the front of them to take the magnifaction (spelling?) down even more.

Takes a bit to get used to working like that, but I'm sure you know that. :wink:

Cant wait to see that in a pen blank. Great work.

believe it or not, I use an el cheapo from H.F. But my eyes are still good so far, so high magnification isn't too necessary.

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Top Bottom