Lots of criticism required

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yorkie

So, I need 6 carbon fiber blanks and 6 carbon fiber in black/pink cast. Thought I'd have a go myself and here are the sad, sad results.

When I went to mill the tubes, one of the carbon fibers just pulled right out of the poly-resin (I used the stuff from Michaels)

Secondly, who will cast these tubes for me, happy to pay of course. I will supply the carbon fiber tubing and the pen tubes.

Thanks, guys.

The first two are the carbon fiber and the last one is my first attempt at casting. It's alumilite and was poured from two mixes in an attempt to get something interesting. Used metallic powders in the mixes. I like to dive right in and it looks like I hit the bottom on my first go.

Attachments

• fgn 013.jpg
    fgn 013.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 169
  • fgn 014.jpg
    fgn 014.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 183
  • fgn 015.jpg
    fgn 015.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 231
  • fgn 016.jpg
    fgn 016.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 184
  • fgn 017.jpg
    fgn 017.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 209
  • fgn 018.jpg
    fgn 018.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 167

resinman

Hi Stephan

Can't help with carbon.
PM me with phone number and best time to call and I will help with the Alumilite.
Thanks, Gary

OOPS

Stephen: DO NOT PANIC! There's a learning curve to blank pouring, just as there is to turning, pen finishing, etc. There are people here who can help. Our local club just had an event where we poured Alumilite for the first time. We had some hits and a couple of misses. But don't get discouraged. As for the carbon fiber, did you read the tutorial here on the IAP? If not, that might give you an answer. But I have faith that others will join in and put you back on track. Keep the faith!

Top Bottom