Lost inspiration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ichizlwood

Lost inspiration.... customer wants pens created as below..

Redwood
Black onyx
Marble

3 PC desk set

2 rollerballs
1 fountain

Feminine

Wants to impress daughter in law

Artisan stateman -woodturners
Cambridge - ArizonaSilhoutte
Orion - Woodturningz
Traditional - PSI

Stand - ???

Idea:
Redwood = rollerballs
Marble = fountain

1= ceramic r.b.
1= gel r.b.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ichizlwood

Ideas, pictures on how to create this especially the stand for on the desk....I've tried to match blanks with components , nothing seems to look right

ichizlwood

The three PC is two rollerballs and one fountain pen.....
I'm thinking the two rollers in redwood with fountain in stone....
The black in the components represent the onyx.,.. ????
Unsure of the stand .....????

Lucky2

Terry, have you checked out other turner's galleries or sales sires, that might be the two best locations to check out. You could see pretty near every type and style of pen there is, and you could even copy one if you had too. Good luck, I hope you get your inspiration back.

Len

jttheclockman

I still do not understand what it is you want us to tell you. If you are looking for a motivational speech. GO GET EM YOU CAN DO THIS !!!:) If you are looking for examples look at Exotic Blanks and thumb through the pages of pen kits they have. If you want examples of pen stands google is your friend. Pinterest has many photos of stands and take ideas from a few and create your own. You can get as simple or elaborate as you want but to instill inspiration we have no idea what this persons interest or likes are. You need to communicate with them to get the vibes. GO GET EM!!

Again not knowing what it is that needs a stand but from what I gather the 2 rollerballs and a fountain pen. I would go all out and use some rosewood and make some platforms for the pens to rest on or you could have the two rollerballs standing on either side tilted away from the center,and the fountain pen in the middle on a platform. Now you have to ask what type fill are you using and would a bottle of ink being included make for a nice addition on the stand. If she has a business card I would incorporate and of course I would always include a clock movement. I would have some black ebony thrown in for accent pieces. Maybe even add some polished brass somewhere in there. Blow it out of the water. Stands can make a great accent piece to what we do and I tried and tried and tried to get this message across when I got that stand and box forum promoted and again when the Bash came around but it falls on deaf ears here because people just like to spin simple pens. Imagination is within us all, we just need to pursue it. That is why you see very little entries into that contest because no imagination here. Its not inspiration it is imagination and the sky is the limit. Do not be a copycat. Do your own thing.

Here is your inspirational pen stand photo :)
Copy_of_IMGP0356__1550377857_25942.jpg

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The three PC is two rollerballs and one fountain pen.....
I'm thinking the two rollers in redwood with fountain in stone....
The black in the components represent the onyx.,.. ????
Unsure of the stand .....????

You have an interesting set of elements - But it is a nice basis to explore your options. I'll also encourage you to view as many other images as you can. The stone will be a particular challenge which may necessitate some counter shop assistance.

Use the best suggestions and consider the others with a ton of salt. Have fun with this project. ;)

Top Bottom