Looking For

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Is there a kit similar to the Sierra Vista that has a top final twist to extend the refill as opposed to the center?? Everyone knows the Vista is an older version of the Sierra and is a bit larger in diameter. Want to do a bunch of watch part pens with a one piece blank that has some meat to it and is easy to use. At times I have seen here people having problems with the tranny unscrewing in those sierras. I want to avoid that all together. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Is there a kit similar to the Sierra Vista that has a top final twist to extend the refill as opposed to the center?? Everyone knows the Vista is an older version of the Sierra and is a bit larger in diameter. Want to do a bunch of watch part pens with a one piece blank that has some meat to it and is easy to use. At times I have seen here people having problems with the tranny unscrewing in those sierras. I want to avoid that all together. Any
I have seen the "Aero" kit suggested for wafch parts pens, I believe it does have the finial twist.

greenacres2

How about Patriot/Atlas/Polaris (depending on market)? Drill size 3/8", nib same as Vertex, tapers up to finial twist. Not looking at the app, but the tube is close to 3" long, same as Vertex.
Earl

jttheclockman

The gatsby grande, from PSI is the finial twist version of the sierra vista.

Several platings available here: https://www.exoticblanks.com/?target=search&mode=search&substring=gatsby grande&including=all
Ed is the Aero kit on the same line as the Elegant Sierra line in size? Is it the same diameter size as the Gatsby Grande. ? So far the Grande Gatsby looks like it fits the Vista size? Would be nice to get a elegant version with a touch more class than basics. Is there a kit that fits that bill. ? Have you read about or run into problems with the finial version tranny coming apart as the center sierras? I am sure you know what I am talking about. It gets talked about alot here. Thanks.

OH heck one more question, is there a good quality click that fits the vista size numbers? This way I could cover all wants.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If I get a chance tomorrow, I will give you some measurements.

Smitty made a finial twist with a .37" diameter tube--should yield a large casting space, but I would want to confirm before being quoted on that.

jttheclockman

OK I am reviving this thread because I am close to need to make these pens for a customer. I asked Ed questions here that I never got answers to. I placed them in his vendor site and did not get answers there either so I will open this up more so to members for help.

I like the look of the Aero kit and like it is a Dayacom kit which to me should be a good quality kit. Those that made this pen can you say they have the same dimensions as the Sierra elegant beauty? How is the twist mechanism? I want a final twist pen that will stand up. I also see they make a click pen. Has anyone made their click pen and what are your thoughts? What click mechanism do they use? I need these for watch part pens so is there enough meat to do things like that. If others have these pens can I see photos with watch parts. Has anyone done a rose gold Aero and if so do you have a photo. ?

I also see the Gatsby is another choice and much more on the lines of a Sierra. Just think the Aero is classier. But will listen to thoughts. Thanks.

As I get closer and closer to returning to shop after my surgery I want to be able to keep myself occupied through the winter. This project is one of them. Thanks for the help.

Jarod888

The liberty from McKenzie pens is great
Here is a bundle with blanks.

jttheclockman

Another kit came up that may fit in my quest and that is the Zodiac kit. It looks like a sierra elegant kit. My question is is this a finial twist or a nib twist? Anyone have any comments??

zig613

I believe the Zodiac uses a similar twist mechanism as the Sierra, not the finale twist of the Aero. I have made a lot of the Aeros but, note that the Aero is a smaller (shorter in length) then the various versions of the Sierra.

Top Bottom